Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is bassdoc taking orders?

sellisnba

I know that he's working locally again (Newcastle), I believe he's sorted out a number of his problems which caused a number of us to have very drawn-out issues with him, which is good. His online presence has all but gone.
However, I think, unless I was local and could actually go to him in person, I would not risk sending a job his way, which is sad to say. But that's just me.

There is bound to be many many people around the south of England that could do the work I imagine.

Si

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1434465546' post='2799868']
Speak to basschat member TimAl his work is spot on :)
[/quote]

Maybe that works better than emailing from their website... I did and they never replied!
Ended up going elsewhere.

I got ther pickguard made for the Peavey Zodiac bass in my avatar by a local luthier (J Davey Guitars, Wolverhampton) very good value too! It might be worth having a ring round local guys and seeing if someone can accommodate you :)

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1434482516' post='2800083']
I got ther pickguard made for the Peavey Zodiac bass in my avatar by a local luthier (J Davey Guitars, Wolverhampton) very good value too! It might be worth having a ring round local guys and seeing if someone can accommodate you :)
[/quote]

Didn't realise Jamie could produce custom pick guards. Very good to know. What did he charge if you don't mind me asking Chris?

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1434482268' post='2800079']
Maybe that works better than emailing from their website... I did and they never replied!
Ended up going elsewhere.
[/quote] I sent him a PM on here and gave him my email and I found everything to be spot on, I think he was moving house though maybe that is why you had no reply? anyhow my guard is spot on and was a great price so I am happy

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1434695965' post='2801837']

It was £30 for a black/white/black one :)
[/quote]

That's very reasonable and a lot cheaper than the £49 I paid SIMS to make a b-w-b pickguard for my Samick