Why become a member? ×

Pedaltrains?

Matty

i could never justify that kind of money for a pedal board, but hey if your well off go for it! but if i had the choice of buying a pedal board or a modulus flea copy with graphite neck, its a bit of a no brainer for me really... all IMO of course :)

[quote name='cheddatom' post='270758' date='Aug 27 2008, 08:57 AM']When i'm gigging I need a board way more than I need an extra bass![/quote]
yes, but a £189 board?? i dont think anybody [i]needs[/i] a board that costs that much! make your own!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='270627' date='Aug 26 2008, 10:47 PM']i could never justify that kind of money for a pedal board, but hey if your well off go for it! but if i had the choice of buying a pedal board or a modulus flea copy with graphite neck, its a bit of a no brainer for me really... all IMO of course :)[/quote]

where have you found a flea bass for £189?!?!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='270798' date='Aug 27 2008, 09:52 AM']yes, but a £189 board?? i dont think anybody [i]needs[/i] a board that costs that much! make your own![/quote]

I didn't look at the price to be honest. I would make my own, but some people prefer to buy something that is proffessionally done.

As it happens I managed to get a keyboard flightcase in exchange for a phone!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='270822' date='Aug 27 2008, 10:32 AM']are you familiar with the word 'copy'?[/quote]

ahem, theyre all copies of Flea's bass if you want to be THAT pedantic, but you said modulus.

And also where did you find anything with a graphite neck for £189?

This isnt sarcasm, I'm genuinely interested

[quote name='Toasted' post='270920' date='Aug 27 2008, 12:43 PM']I can't believe that people aren't seeing the value in pedal trains. They're such a superior product. A relative bargin.[/quote]

are they the angled boards with space beneath for power supplies etc?

[quote name='spree' post='270850' date='Aug 27 2008, 11:12 AM']ahem, theyre all copies of Flea's bass if you want to be THAT pedantic, but you said modulus.

And also where did you find anything with a graphite neck for £189?

This isnt sarcasm, I'm genuinely interested[/quote]

what are all copies of flea's bass :)

there is a graphite necked peavey g bass for sale in the forum for £200 that is basically a modulus flea copy, and matty has been considering buying, and i am recommending him to buy that rather than a pedal board

Edited by BassManKev

Must admit a pedal train or the T rex equivalent is looking quite attractive.

Dont use effects but missing the compressor I had on my EBS. Add my DT10, Microbass II, Samson Airline (12Volt - bugger!) and my Shuttle footswitch and I have probably got enough to save time mounting on a board for set up and break down, even more so when I get lumbered with the lights :)

I may upgrade to a Pedaltrain one day, but my Diago is fine at the moment. When I outgrow it, will the Pedaltrain Pro actually give me any more space? I know it has a smaller footprint, but I'd think I could save some space on it with leads and power supplies being underneath?

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='272054' date='Aug 28 2008, 09:27 PM']Pro's and con's for Pedaltrain/Tone Trunk vs Diago :)[/quote]

Pedaltrain:
[b]Pros:[/b] You can fit more pedals because you don't have to find room for the cables, you just pass them underneath. It all looks neater. You can even fit a small enough power supply underneath it. You can also have a pedal flush to the side of it and you'll still be able to plug the jack because it doesn't have a little wooden frame all around... Great customer support.
[b]Cons:[/b] Soft bag not protective enough (at least in my model, which was the earliest one, have they upgraded the bags' padding? They seem better now on the pics...). I kept hitting pedals' knobs on things when carrying them in the bag... Hard case is way out of a normal budget...

Diago:
[b]Pros: [/b] Hard case for a good price. Great customer support.
[b]Cons: [/b] Carpet on mine came off almost immediately, not well glued enough. Reglued it myself. Size specs were slightly smaller than advertised so my wah is pressing on the foam and ruining it. If you fit pedals with low plugs too close to the side frame you can't plug a jack in them, so you have to move them in and waste all that room (or make up some sort of raiser and stick underneath it). More work to wire the cables as they take a lot of room.

If I was to buy one now, I'd try Spider out.

The medium sized Spider case is PERFECT for a Pedaltrain Jr if you buy the one with the soft case and later decide you need a bit more protection. You have a bit of room left down the side big enough to squeeze a volume/expression pedal or a power strip and cables, but the PT sits in there so snug it won't move from side to side.

I went from the Spider to the Pedaltrain, and have the Spider up for sale... but I think I'm gonna hang onto it for a while in case I need to take my pedaltrain to dodgy dives where people trample all over your gear!