Why become a member? ×

My 3rd Generation Schroeder 1212L Update pics

GStar

I did a hell of a lot of research, reading, counter arguements, 3rd opinions and listeneing tests before deciding that [i]weight[/i], of all things would become a major factor in buying a new backline. Putting my needs and what i'd learnt/heard, i decided to contact Jorg about a Schroeder cab, having lurked around on TB, i'd also learnt he was currently developing a new, "3G" 1212L! Here's the progress pictures he sent me today:

Apparently, and i quote: [i]"The 3rd generation has more lowend but still enough punch to blow a hole into a wall ;-)"[/i]

Still needs a final 'rhino tuff' coating and all the components fitting but it should be ready to ship middle of next week! :huh:

I've decided to keep the lightweight theme i'd try a shuttle 6.0 head, i choose it over other models such as the LMK II becasue i like the versitility and the fact it has a tube pre which can hopefully give some nice grit and growl.

Anyway, i just thought i'd post this becasue it's going to be my first 'up market' (read expensive :) ) rig, i had so much help when i initially joined and was completely overwhelmed by the 'true' world of bass amplification, so i'm quite excitied to see what the end product sounds like!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='269298' date='Aug 25 2008, 09:12 AM']It's basically got a few revisions.... new Celestion NEOs, which sound far closer to ceramic drivers than the Eminence NEOs he used to use, and a new, smoother tweeter.

Going from an 'old' 21012L to a 3G 410L, I can definitely hear those improvements.[/quote]

Ah ha, I see.

About time then that I heard this 4x10 without your noisy band spoiling the bass tone :)

That's going to be a very light, but very loud rig. I presume your cab will be 4 ohms.

My Shuttle 6 is the loudest amp I've owned, and that includes a 1000w Warwick Xtreme coupled with a SWR Goliath Senior 6 x 10.

On Saturday, I played a wedding party in a large marquee. I kept on being told to turn down, as it was too much right at the back of the marquee, but get this ...my bass guitar volume was only on about 15% and the Shuttle was on 20%!!! And I was the only one in my loud rock band NOT going through the PA.

I reckon you'll be a very happy bunny with a Shuttle/Schroeder combination!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='269418' date='Aug 25 2008, 12:09 PM']My 410L was on my doorstep in just over two weeks...[/quote]

Yeah, I remember yours being very speedy. Mine's been about 2 weeks now and I'm chomping at the bit. I shall try and remain patient and not bother the mighty Jorg.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='269308' date='Aug 25 2008, 09:30 AM']That's going to be a very light, but very loud rig. I presume your cab will be 4 ohms.

My Shuttle 6 is the loudest amp I've owned, and that includes a 1000w Warwick Xtreme coupled with a SWR Goliath Senior 6 x 10.

On Saturday, I played a wedding party in a large marquee. I kept on being told to turn down, as it was too much right at the back of the marquee, but get this ...my bass guitar volume was only on about 15% and the Shuttle was on 20%!!! And I was the only one in my loud rock band NOT going through the PA.

I reckon you'll be a very happy bunny with a Shuttle/Schroeder combination![/quote]

Hi, Yep it's going to be 4 ohms. Glad your happy with your Shuttle, i tried to read through the hype and listen to actual demo's... Hopefully i'll be very happy!

[quote name='stinson' post='269414' date='Aug 25 2008, 12:05 PM']I've got Jorg building me a 1212L at the mo. I wonder if its the same spec as that?! Out of interest, how long has it taken for you to get to this stage?[/quote]

It took around 12 days from me going to the bank and wiring the money across for Jorg to recieve it, by which point he was 1 coat behind the pictures he sent over! I think from bank to doorstep will be around 3 weeks but in reality (depending if he meant shipping will happen middle of this or next week), from Jorg recieving my funds it'll be closer to 12-14 days!

Got to back up what people have said about him too, he's a great person to deal with; i wonder how he finds the time!?! :)

Edited by GStar

Superb, thanks for the response. I basically need one becuase Im gigging a bit more regularly and need something thats easy to lug around as I now have a repaired hernia that I dont want popping again and I want the volume at my finger tips and something that will pair up nicley with my LMII and Precisions. I got turned onto Schroeders through WOTs and Daves excellent detailed exploits and lurking on TB where they have a very loyal fan base. I have no doubt that I'll be blown away. Jorg is a joy to do business with.

[quote name='stinson' post='269443' date='Aug 25 2008, 12:40 PM']Superb, thanks for the response. I basically need one becuase Im gigging a bit more regularly and need something thats easy to lug around as I now have a repaired hernia that I dont want popping again and I want the volume at my finger tips and something that will pair up nicley with my LMII and Precisions. I got turned onto Schroeders through WOTs and Daves excellent detailed exploits and lurking on TB where they have a very loyal fan base. I have no doubt that I'll be blown away. Jorg is a joy to do business with.[/quote]

We sound very similar :)

Let me know what you think when you get yours! Jorg said he beleived the LMII gave; [i]"a tad more low end and is a bit more powerful while the Shuttle has more clarity".[/i]

Since it appears you'll be using the LMII and myself the Shuttle, it'll be interesting to see if i've chosen correctly for me.

Edited by GStar

• 2 weeks later...

Went and picked this up from the Parcel Force Depot tonight and took it to practise.

Unbelievibly Light, unbelievibly small, unbelievibly loud, unbelievibly deep! I'll try and get some pictures up in the next few days.

I got the usual comments i've been reading as we we're setting up: "turn down" "all i can hear is bass" "if i'd have known you were buying this i'd have never bought this custom kick drum!"

Probably becasue it was a small rehersal room but i did notice i generally sat perfect in the mix although at times, i think depending on guitarist effects i got lost slightly. I'll put that down to room shape, how we setup and the fact our guitarist seems to set his distortion pedals up so they boost his signal?!?

We're doing MoHo Live's 1st year anniversary on the 12th, hopefully get a chance to give the Schroeder a proper run out in its natural home; on stage.

Looking forward to Stinson's thoughts and i'll get some hpotos up soon.

We were obviously in the same shipment. Just picked mine from Parcelforce this morning! Had to pay an extra £53 for some reason. Anyhow, all Ive managed to do is unpack it, stick the lm11 through it and give it a quick low volume burst. It all sounds very promising with my Jazz and P with flats. Taking it to London tmrw for a rehearsal and a full workout. Will get some pics done when the weather cheers up a bit! Very excited :)

[quote name='stinson' post='278535' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:49 PM']We were obviously in the same shipment. Just picked mine from Parcelforce this morning! Had to pay an extra £53 for some reason. Anyhow, all Ive managed to do is unpack it, stick the lm11 through it and give it a quick low volume burst. It all sounds very promising with my Jazz and P with flats. Taking it to London tmrw for a rehearsal and a full workout. Will get some pics done when the weather cheers up a bit! Very excited :)[/quote]

Just over £50 for me, customs charge but i knew about that already.

Let me know what you think after rehersal, our room was a bit small yesterday to really let it free.

[quote name='stinson' post='278690' date='Sep 6 2008, 04:22 PM']Here's a crap pic of the new rig

[attachment=13045:P1010046.JPG][/quote]

Just out of interest do you intend firing the other driver toward the floor or your head. I'm not having a dig I just wondered if you'd just set up that way randomly or if you had a genuine reason for the tweeter being low and the driver firing down over :)

I'm going to try all diferent ways. Read a few threads where people had tried it this way up and found it agreeable. Just set it up quickly in the study so it wasn't really intentional. Ideally onstage I'd have it the way it was built and raised off the ground. But my God this set up thumps :)

[quote name='stinson' post='278535' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:49 PM']We were obviously in the same shipment. Just picked mine from Parcelforce this morning! Had to pay an extra £53 for some reason. Anyhow, all Ive managed to do is unpack it, stick the lm11 through it and give it a quick low volume burst. It all sounds very promising with my Jazz and P with flats. Taking it to London tmrw for a rehearsal and a full workout. Will get some pics done when the weather cheers up a bit! Very excited :)[/quote]

Ive been gigging my 3G 1212L for the past couple of months with my SA450 or LMII and cant see any reason to buy anything else now (famous last words as im almost convinced i need to get the 1215L)
Ive been using Chromes on my Duck Dunn for the past two weeks and i find that for our stuff, a lot of 60's and 70's covers i get just the tone i need.

Ive not had to turn the master up over half way yet and ive played some reasonable stages without full PA support. In the past with other cabs ive found my MB heads struggling.

Im still using my 1210R with my LMII in my other band but much prefer the tone of the 1212L so i might sell the 1210R (mainly because its quite a bit heavier than the 1212L), replace it with the 1212L and then get the 1215L to replace the 1212L.

I got my 1212L from Shaun at shxmusic and it worked out a bit cheaper and a lot quicker than getting it from Jorg. Got my 1210R from Jorg though a couple fo years ago and i can only echo what been said so many times about him being great to deal with. He even gave me a discount.

• 3 weeks later...