Why become a member? ×

Only in America ... BB King didn't die of old age

Happy Jack

Mr King appears to have given significant powers in his will to one or both of his managers, either to exercise discretion over the division of his estate, or to follow through as executors, of his wishes. For those who won't benefit from his wealth under those circumstances to actual get a piece of the pie, they may believe they have to discredit said managers, and then it's all back in the pot to be fought over.

11 remaining heirs it would seem, so many interests to be heard.

I can tell you who the winners will be right now though : the lawyers.

I do hope a judge shuts this down very quickly, and saves the memory of a very dignified and beloved man being sullied. Very sad that they are now going to go through the process of an autopsy, which will hold up the funeral, and of course involves a pretty unpleasant process for the physical remains of Mr King.

Edited by The Admiral

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1432644799' post='2783496']
Did he have any wealth ?

I'm sure I heard that was why he was still touring long into his old age.
[/quote]

Depending on whom you believe, the estimates vary between $10m and $30m, with a number going for the latter. That said, even $10m is a sum many will think worth fighting over.

Regarding touring - he just enjoyed it from what I've read, and giving up would have seen an earlier decline possibly. Rather like Lemmy being told that if stopped taking so much speed it would probably kill him : it's their lifestyle, and has been for years.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1432644799' post='2783496']
Did he have any wealth ?

I'm sure I heard that was why he was still touring long into his old age.
[/quote]

I saw Mr.King do an interview with Tavis Smiley last year and he said he was still working because he had to, not because he wanted to.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1432658857' post='2783690']
I saw Mr.King do an interview with Tavis Smiley last year and he said he was still working because he had to, not because he wanted to.

Blue
[/quote]

That's what I read too.

..............he said he was still working because he had to, not because he wanted to.

Blue
[/quote]

^this - 11 children by several different partners etc all with lawyers, all with $ in their minds-eye.

Edited by Big_Stu

The problem with palliative care is (in this context, thoroughly support those in the hospice care field), it is all about making the person's death as comfortable and pain free as possible. The drugs that do this, morphine etc, tend to bring death on a 'little' quicker - so anyone can use this 'foreign substance' claim but it is not valid. I would rather die pain free than live for an extra day or two in agony.

[/quote]

Had to work for the money, or had to work because he was addicted to it? [url="http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-b-b-king-20150515-story.html#page=1"]This obituary[/url] seems to indicate the latter.

Edited by tauzero

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1432718809' post='2784158']
Had to work for the money, or had to work because he was addicted to it? [url="http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-b-b-king-20150515-story.html#page=1"]This obituary[/url] seems to indicate the latter.
[/quote]
The same thought went through my mind.