Why become a member? ×

The wait

AndyTravis

My first instinct was to call the lot of you a bunch of really sad bastards and would have except that my 88 Japanese pointy headstock Floyd loaded Charvel with Seymour Duncans (original pickups included) is now at the distribution centre LOL

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1430397032' post='2760992']
Especially when you read in the build thread "finishing starts tomorrow" and realise that doesn't mean "it'll be finished by tomorrow".

Last week or so has consisted of me being really hopeful of 'that email' arriving.
[/quote]

I share you pain, my new ACG is in the same state, but Alan’s basses are immaculate and well worth the wait.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1430377347' post='2760700']
I am always mildly disappointed not to receive personal emails from the courier's Chief Exec every hour reporting progress.
[/quote]
This. I'm waiting on a new bass from Thomann. Spent yesterday checking to see if it had been dispatched over and over and over....

• 2 months later...

Has anybody had the opposite of the Wait? As in, you receive the longed-for 'out for delivery today' email or text [b]after[/b] the item has been delivered? Happened to me twice relatively recently: once with some accessories we ordered from Thomann (shipped through DHL/Parcelforce) and once from an online printing company (shipped via their own courier). In both cases, the parcel had arrived the previous day! :o

[quote name='Jonnyboy Rotten' timestamp='1431009864' post='2766872']
I just pulled the trigger on an HB Bass Uke.

The login screen keeps telling me:

[color=#008000][b]Not yet processed - Order will soon be commissioned and shipped.[/b][/color]

Come on!!!! Its been two hours since I placed the order...! :dash1:
[/quote]. It could be weeks Johnnyboy aargh !!