Why become a member? ×

flat strings and precision not sounding right.

red rooster

Ok hi all was at bass classes last night I normally take my precision which has flat strings on it and generally it sounds ok in most songs we play .I got asked to go do a song with the youngsters a seven nation army song easy enough but it just didn't sound right timing and notes were ok but the bass just didn't seem to cut it.got home and played the same song on my active bass and the difference was unreal.now obviously I'm don't want to be lugging two basses about for different songs thinking maybe just go with the active .never noticed The difference before.

If you were accompanying a whole lot of youngsters playing guitars, it could just have been that they were taking up a lot of your sonic space.

A few years back I was in a band that had a very open door policy with guitarists (it was HELL), they came and went, sometimes not enough went and we would be gigging with five of the buggers, all strumming away and trying to out do each other. It gave me some eq'ing challenges. :unsure:

Hi thanks for the answers we don't really touch the amps teachers set them for us we just plug in and go sort of thing.going to try playing both basses today see which sounds better ill let my girls and wife decide then go from there.or maybe put a sett or rounds on the precision. Decision s decisions.