Why become a member? ×

Struggling finding a new band

Weststarx

It should be a struggle, that's not unusual. Bands with a good book of business and good people are incredibly hard to find. I find the only bands that are easy to get in with are start ups and originals acts. These projects usually fall apart before they see their first gig.

Stay at it, something will come up, somebody is always getting fired.

Blue

Edited by blue

Getting into and then keeping a band together is becoming an unrewarding experience, especially covers.
I'm not bothering anymore. The thought of having to learn another set of covers I'd rather rip my ears off than listen to fills me with dread.

But no one wants to do originals it seems. It makes you wonder what songs covers bands will be playing in 5-10years time...mustang sally again amd again?

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1429026337' post='2747170']
What annoys me is when you are very specific about yourself and what you're looking for, but still get classic rock and blues bands contacting you 😁
[/quote]

Over here I doubt any band is going to reach out to bass players looking for bands. You have to go to them.

Blue

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1429020700' post='2747093']
But no one wants to do originals it seems.
[/quote]

I do ! I appreciate that it depends on where you live, but it's not that hard to find people doing original music IME - you may not get to make you ideal sort of music, but I'd rather do that than play covers.

But I guess it's all down to why you're playing bass in the first place.

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1429020700' post='2747093']
...But no one wants to do originals it seems...
[/quote]
[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1429042207' post='2747362']
...I appreciate that it depends on where you live, but it's not that hard to find people doing original music IME...
[/quote]

Relatively easy to find originals bands in London's famous London. Less so in the Godforsaken provinces. Ew! :lol:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1429042799' post='2747373']
Easier to find originals bands in London's famous London. Less so in the Godforsaken provinces. Ew! :lol:
[/quote]

I've lived in Leeds, Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle and have found numerous originals bands to play in in all of those cities, in fact Newcastle was easier than London.

If you live in the sticks, I can understand the difficulty, but not that tough in a city IME

I've played in metal bands, folk bands, indie bands, techno bands, arty post-rock bands, psych bands....all sorts....

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1429043093' post='2747380']
If you live in the sticks, I can understand the difficulty, but not that tough in a city IME...
[/quote]

I know - I was being an elitist, London-centric arse to deliberately annoy everyone. ;)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1429043355' post='2747386']
I know - I was being an elitist, London-centric arse to deliberately annoy everyone. ;)
[/quote]

Please....there's a good 8 million of them already...

:)

Edited by ahpook