Why become a member? ×

New Project - Bubinga Fretless

Andyjr1515

In my 'box of bits', I found a smaller stacked pot knob bottom. It needed drilling out to fit the shaft but, to my eye, looks a lot better.

I'll probably post the fancy pics in the standard Bass Guitars section so people who don't want to don't have to trawl through another Andyjr1515 endless thread :lol:

Thanks everyone for the fantastic feedback on this along the way...it means a lot :)

Andy

Edited by Andyjr1515

The arty farty pics are [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/269230-nbd-ajrguitarmods-bubinga-fretless/"]here, in the Bass Guitars section[/url], by the way, if anyone's interested.

I adjusted the neck relief this evening and have got to do a touch more routing in the bridge pocket to be able to drop the action a couple of mm.

Also going to get a wider and rough-bottommed leather strap tomorrow...it balances pretty level with my thin nylon slippy-slidey one but I prefer to play with the neck high and it is wanting to drop back down. Could go for hipshot lightweights but will try the strap first.

I played my VM Jaguar to compare this afternoon...I'm stunned at how bad it sounded in comparison. Well impressed with the SD's :D

Andy

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1441977803' post='2863470']
For those that might not have seen the NBD thread in the 'Bass Guitars' section, there's a clip of our very own [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvTWjYQ4t1A"]Chris S playing this here[/url]
[/quote]The knobs look decidedly smaller in that video; nice.

Completely off topic: I've go those chairs in my kitchen :)

• 2 weeks later...

Chris S has had a jolly good thrash on the bass and given me some very valuable feedback.

Based on Chris's feedback. I've swopped the cup washers on the back covers for standard countersunk screws and I've taken a couple of mm off the neck...to me it feels a lot better. There's a couple of aesthetic items just to tidy up when I get round to it, but it's now joining the ranks of my gigging instruments :D

You may already have seen the arty-farty shots in the Bass Guitars section but, just to bore the pants off you, here's the finished article: