Why become a member? ×

Ishibashi Warwicks

throwoff

Never would have thought that the source for Japanese Fenders would be a good place to look for Warwicks.

[url="http://translate.google.co.jp/translate?hl=ja&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fstore.ishibashi.co.jp%2Fec%2FsrDispCategoryTreeLink%2FdoSearchCategory%2F11053200000%2F04-05%2F3%2F1"]http://translate.goo...2F04-05%2F3%2F1[/url]

Wow.

Some of the Rockbasses are incredible, I have never seen most of the colours on offer and they appear to have a raft of limited Japan only instruments, those pink, racing stripe and white models are nowhere on the Warwick site.

Those pink flame top Corvettes are about 260 quid..... The racing stripe Neck thru Streamers for just under 400 quid...

If I was a righty I would have already done something silly.

Edited by throwoff

The German Custom work is completely bonkers.

The Rockbasses on the other hand seem to be actual bargains.

They use the same Hardware, pups and electronics as the German stuff (I know this from when I worked there)

I mean active MEC's, a preamp, the 2 piece bridge and the machineheads are worth 250 quid surely. The lovely pink flamey body is free!

[quote name='alittlebitrobot' timestamp='1428504304' post='2741919']
Wow. Some [b]amazing[/b] stuff and really good prices. I'm going to have to search the forums to investigate all the import tomfoolery, see if it's worth doing.

...mind you, that Warwick "W" bass is horrendous.
[/quote]

But how else will we know you're playing a Warwick...? :D

[quote name='alittlebitrobot' timestamp='1428504304' post='2741919']
Wow. Some [b]amazing[/b] stuff and really good prices. I'm going to have to search the forums to investigate all the import tomfoolery, see if it's worth doing.

...mind you, that Warwick "W" bass is horrendous.
[/quote]

I've played one, and I don't think it was that bad. It's as good as a similarly priced Squier Affinity, and is certainly more distinctive than yet another jazz copy. A shop in New Zealand said that they had sold them to a number of beginners, and they asked me if my name started with W. They had a good selection of the modern small w Rockbasses too, including a very nice six string.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1428524145' post='2742191']
The W Bass is £166 from Japan, to get it on special offer from Warwick direct is £216!
[/quote]

But shipping from Japan will cost you between £100 and £150, and then there's VAT on top of that.