Why become a member? ×

TECAMP PUMA 1000 --- Sold Subject to the Usual.
£575

2x18

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Reluctantly up for sale is my Awesome Tecamp [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Puma[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 1000[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Powersoft version - so 2[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]x 500w into 4ohm min or bridged at [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1000[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]w into 8ohm min. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You can use 2 x 8 ohm cabs on each of the 2 channels unbridged ( i.e. 4 x 8 ohm cabs if you want ) each channel has its own volume control -- You can also set the Crossover and use one channel for lower frequency cabs and the the other for Mids / Highs --Very versatile![/font][/color][list]
[*]Amazing clear transparent preamp - 4 band Eq with well chosen points.
[*]Low boost for a low mid hump (think tube amp) and high boost for... well I've never worked out why I'ld need it but you can add a lot of top end in.
[*]A great wee compressor with two different delay times - so either a big fattener or a fatter but punchy as anything sound.
[*]the taste knob- similar to the timbre on a thunder funk (apparently) one way vintage warm mids, the other way sharper mid scooped. A lot of folk love it. I leave it in the middle the whole time!
[*]Effects loop wet/dry
[*]mute
[*]DI with all the usual gubbins.
[*]Original box and manual with the rack ears and spare mains switch
[/list]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Built around the Powersoft Digimod [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1000[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] module it sounds amazing with a much bigger rounded bottom than most class D amp - weighs only 3kg or so.[/font][/color]

Mainly been using this for gigs in Bridged Mode -- Full 1000 watts into my 8 ohm Fearful 15/6 Cabinet and it sounds Massive -- Tremendous Headroom -

Recent clean, check over and New power Switch fitted ( Old one failed in the ON position -- Wouldn't turn off )
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Simply a fantastic amp - But I have decided that now I am fast approaching my 70th Year and with the amount and type of gigs I am doing that I have way too much gear and I have several less powerful amps that are more suited to present usage![/font][/color]

You are more than welcome to come and try out this Superb Amp either through my Fearful Cab or bring your own!

Comes with original Box, Instructions , Rack ears and a new spare mains switch!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£550.00 o.n.o. Collected from Leeds ( Very close to M1 )[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Will.[/font][/color]

[attachment=188482:IMG_1563.JPG][attachment=188481:IMG_1562.jpg][attachment=188483:IMG_1564.jpg]

Edited by 2x18

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1428444903' post='2741424']
Wow surprised to see this up will!
[/quote]

Hi Luke

Yes I am still unsure about selling --For me Its the very best Bass Amp I have ever used bar none! - and I have tried many!

Just not really justified for the small amount of small Gigs I am able to do at the moment -- Old age and Frozen Shoulder don't help at all!

Will.

Sure you're correct but just want to confirm that the amp is definitely 500w into 4ohm minimum and not 2ohm into each channel . The only one I can find on tecamps website says 500w into 2ohms and 350 into 4ohms. Cheers.

Edited by Bassistclem

[quote name='Bassistclem' timestamp='1428947944' post='2746305']
Sure you're correct but just want to confirm that the amp is definitely 500w into 4ohm minimum and not 2ohm into each channel . The only one I can find on tecamps website says 500w into 2ohms and 350 into 4ohms. Cheers.
[/quote] its the powersoft version so sounds nicer and is 4 ohms min per channel or 1000w into 8ohms if bridged. Will has it going into a single fearful cab for pretty much the ultimate rig!

[quote name='Bassistclem' timestamp='1428947944' post='2746305']
[/quote]

Hi Clem
Yes this is the original Puma 1000 with the Superb ( and very expensive ) Powersoft modules -- Check out Powersoft reviews and prices!

Spec is ; ( From Handbook )

Output Power rating
Channel A 500 watts @ 4 ohms
Channel B 500 watts @ 4 ohms
Mono Bridged Mode 1000 watts @ 8 ohms
Weight 2.8 kg ---- 6.2 lbs

You are more than welcome to come over and try it out anytime!

Will.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1428994163' post='2746685']
its the powersoft version so sounds nicer and is 4 ohms min per channel or 1000w into 8ohms if bridged. Will has it going into a single fearful cab for pretty much the ultimate rig!
[/quote]

Hi Luke. Ah did this used to be yours? Funny if it ends up back with the same cab! Looks like what I'm after, just working on the means! Hope you're well.

[quote name='2x18' timestamp='1428994368' post='2746688']

Hi Clem
Yes this is the original Puma 1000 with the Superb ( and very expensive ) Powersoft modules -- Check out Powersoft reviews and prices!

Spec is ; ( From Handbook )

Output Power rating
Channel A 500 watts @ 4 ohms
Channel B 500 watts @ 4 ohms
Mono Bridged Mode 1000 watts @ 8 ohms
Weight 2.8 kg ---- 6.2 lbs

You are more than welcome to come over and try it out anytime!

Will.
[/quote]

Cheers Will. That's great and what I'm looking for. I'll hope fully raise the money before someone else grabs it. Cheers, hopefully be in touch soon.

[quote name='gingerfish' timestamp='1429013606' post='2746982']
Apologies if this takes us off topic but wanted to check, if I am running this through a 4ohm 6x10. I will only be able to run a single channel into it at 500w? I would not be able to run it in bridged mode?
[/quote]
That's correct. I used to own this version of Puma 1000 - great amps

Considering changing my head soon and this is an option.
However i know theres a new model but i cant find any details at all on what if anything has changed between the two! (other than the price!)
I've even emailed Tecamp to ask but no reply as of yet!

Is anyone any wiser on this situation??

Cheers!

This one... powersoft digimod amp module. Big warm tight bottom end. Think clean valve amp tonewise
The new one icepower amp module (like most other bass amps) tighter bottom end - more like markbass but with a better sound further up the spectrum.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1429079884' post='2747671']
This one... powersoft digimod amp module. Big warm tight bottom end. Think clean valve amp tonewise
The new one icepower amp module (like most other bass amps) tighter bottom end - more like markbass but with a better sound further up the spectrum.
[/quote]

Thanks Luke -- Sums it up nicely!

[quote name='GeorgeL94' timestamp='1429048263' post='2747500']
However i know theres a new model but i cant find any details at all on what if anything has changed between the two! (other than the price!)

Cheers!
[/quote]

If you fancy trying it out with your cabs ( or mine ) you are welcome to come over anytime, ( although I am going on Holiday early next week )

Will.

[quote name='GeorgeL94' timestamp='1429048263' post='2747500']

Cheers!
[/quote]
The main thing you need to be aware of is:

new puma - Channel A min 2ohm, Channel B min 2ohm, Bridged min 4ohm
old puma - Channel A min 4ohm, Channel B min 4 ohm, Bridged min 8ohm