Why become a member? ×

Recommend a 2x15 cab please

fretmeister

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='265521' date='Aug 19 2008, 02:13 PM']Matamp 2x15 - awesome cab and about £400 cheaper than the Bergs, and all the custom options you could ever want. It's 50kg's but thats about the same as the Berg.

www.matamp.com give them a call[/quote]
word i've got mine on the way.

[quote name='Toasted' post='265496' date='Aug 19 2008, 01:43 PM']NV215 - bassdirect[/quote]

50KG!!!! Blimey!

I got rid of my Marshall VBC412s because they weighed that!

Nice specs though.

I don't think I can cope with a 50kg cab again - so that is the Matamp gone as well. Shame that - their guitar gear is fab.

[quote name='umph' post='266269' date='Aug 20 2008, 01:16 PM']you played their new bass head? i came a little when i first turned it on, its how bass is meant to sound ;([/quote]

Yeah I did but it's not loud enough for me, well it might be with 2 2x15's but the Mesa is just way louder and way cleaner for longer that's not to say I won't be buying one.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='266869' date='Aug 21 2008, 10:08 AM']Yeah I did but it's not loud enough for me, well it might be with 2 2x15's but the Mesa is just way louder and way cleaner for longer that's not to say I won't be buying one.[/quote]
not loud enough? do your band play jet engines?

• 2 years later...

Contact Phil Nixon at Bassgear.co.uk.......he had a Purple Chilli 2x15 very recently that I lifted with one hand ( and I'm crippled with arthritis ). It's being replaced with a new design, so I'm sure there is a great deal to be had.
Well worth a call. High spec, much cheapness.

Stewart