Why become a member? ×

highway 1

hillbilly deluxe

[quote name='brummie' post='264637' date='Aug 18 2008, 03:18 PM']I have the Highway 1 jazz, I think it's the biz, the finish is appalling. Never played it live and the finish is pretty much 20% gone -[/quote]

Ill glady take it off your hands :huh: :) If i ever get another bass itll be a highway one, but at the moment i cant justify one.

The midnight wine ones are smexy

Edited by WarPig

[quote name='brummie' post='264637' date='Aug 18 2008, 03:18 PM']I have the Highway 1 jazz, I think it's the biz, the finish is appalling. Never played it live and the finish is pretty much 20% gone - I don't mind that much coz I don't really like pretty basses.
Hope that helps a little bit.
cheers[/quote]

Errrm its supposed to wear quickly......! Did you not read up on it before you bought it? :)

They are finished in a thin cellulose finish that wears quickly to give you "a road used" look- Hence the moniker Highway!

I have one. Although it has been well and truly pimped, I would thoroughly recommend it in its std form and pimped its excellent!

I wanted to hate it but I cant, and I cant put the damn thing down, in fact its the first to be picked up now......

[quote name='The Burpster' post='264740' date='Aug 18 2008, 05:18 PM']Errrm its supposed to wear quickly......! Did you not read up on it before you bought it? :)

They are finished in a thin cellulose finish that wears quickly to give you "a road used" look- Hence the moniker Highway!

I have one. Although it has been well and truly pimped, I would thoroughly recommend it in its std form and pimped its excellent!

I wanted to hate it but I cant, and I cant put the damn thing down, in fact its the first to be picked up now......[/quote]

Erm - I know it's supposed to wear quickly, I read up on it & and test drove a couple before buying it - I was letting the bloke who started the thread know, Like I said I don't like pretty basses - mine is (was) the midnight wine red.
I feel bad owning such a great bass but only being a hobbyist bassist, I should let it go to a better place but it's just really good or I could join a band.
I hope sarcastic replies to helpful posts dodn't turn this site into the USA version where everyone tries to look a bit cleverer than the last bloke - let's keep it nice & have lots of love in our posts.
Peace be with you - the rest can f**k off. (joking)

[quote name='brummie' post='265047' date='Aug 18 2008, 10:00 PM']Erm - I know it's supposed to wear quickly, I read up on it & and test drove a couple before buying it - I was letting the bloke who started the thread know, Like I said I don't like pretty basses - mine is (was) the midnight wine red.
I feel bad owning such a great bass but only being a hobbyist bassist, I should let it go to a better place but it's just really good or I could join a band.
I hope sarcastic replies to helpful posts dodn't turn this site into the USA version where everyone tries to look a bit cleverer than the last bloke - let's keep it nice & have lots of love in our posts.
Peace be with you - the rest can f**k off. (joking)[/quote]

USA version...they make an American Basschat :) Nooooo, you're pulling my leg!

Yep, i have an older HW1 Jazz and had one of the newer HW-one P's.
the neck on my Jazz is fantastic and even though i dont use the bass ill not sell it (partly due to the fact that a lot of the coating has come off and so it looks like its not worth much). In fact i had that neck on my HW-one P for a while as i wanted a thinner neck.

The newer range are very nice and i really liked the black finish. the only thing i didnt like was the grease bucket tone control. I like the way the tone gets slightly bassy as you back it off but on the HW-one this doest happen. Not the end of the world and it does help keep the tone a bit clearer.
the way the bass sits is really nice. It feels more comfortable hanging on my strap compared to my Lakland. the body is quite light and the contours are nice.
The other nice thing about these basses is there is no routing going from the controls to the pup meaning they look quite nice without a pick guard on.
i took mine off my Jazz when i was messing with the necks and have just left it off. I still have the screw holes but they dont bother me too much.

not sure about all this "designed to wear quickly". They do, but im not sure i have ever read an official statement form Fender about this.

This was my old HW-one P before i sold it

Edited by dave_bass5