Why become a member? ×

My Genz Benz 2x12 cab is beyond belief.

dave74200

I have gradually downsized over the last two years from an 810, to 410 and now to a Genz Benz Neo 2x12. I got fed up with lugging big cabs around and expected there to be a compromise in tone and power, which i was prepared to put up with for the added portability.

This Genz cab defies science. The singer of my band says it actually moves more air than my svt 410 hlf did. It sounds and feels amazing and I can pick it up with one hand.

If anyone is contemplating downsizing, i'd say that if you get the right cab you won't look back.

[quote name='dave74200' timestamp='1426419722' post='2717802']
If anyone is contemplating downsizing, i'd say that if you get the right cab you won't look back.
[/quote]

Absolutely. I've got a Schroeder 21012L (not a 2X12, but hey) which is about 24" square and fills [i]any [/i]room with killer bass. Amazing.

Edit: And it's not a GB cab either, so apologies for the digression! :lol:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1426516437' post='2718694']
I've said before that a good 2x12 is a match for a 4x10, and a quality 2x12 will demolish an average 4x10.
[/quote]
Seems that way to me mate. Although I thought the svt 410 HLF was a highly regarded 410? This 212 seems to outdo it in many departments!

Agreed! It was a kitshare a few years back that suddenly opened my eyes to the option that good & light was finally a practical bass solution.

My long love for my 60kg Trace Elliott 4x10 combo was over in an instant, and I was out shopping that evening. Never looked back after my NEOX212T, coupled with an RH450... Way louder, better, and lighter. I winced a bit at the outlay at the time, but that's long forgotten.

The only other thing I persuaded myself to do was to buy a STL10T 10" GB cab for home practice, along with a second RH450. The cab obviously has its limitations, but for a 10" cab that's lighter than either the bass or the head, it is insane! I've happily gigged with it too...