Why become a member? ×

All things Yamaha

Number6

I dropped into the Yamaha shop today in Wardour St Soho and tried out a BB1024 and a BB714 both of which were very nice and set up pretty decently. The guy in the shop even said he was due to change the strings on a couple of basses as they were a bit flat which was nice to hear.

The shop is a veritable trove of Yam equipment and the staff were very helpful.

They had 4, 5 and 6 string basses and signature models available to try and were knowledgeable about their products.

on top of this they have virtually anything Yam make (music wise lol) in there.

If you're in that neck of the woods well worth a look i'd say

I think if I could only ever have Yamaha musical instruments for the rest of my life I'd be happy.

[url="http://www.yamahamusiclondon.com/P~YAM-AHMKIT20-ORS~Absolute-Hybrid-Maple-Shell-Set-%28inc-20in-Bass-Drum%29"]Drumset,[/url] trumpet, vibraphone, AES guitar, BB bass, stage piano. the only thing they don't do is a Harmonica.

• 3 weeks later...

I only went in there when it was Chappells, but they already had a lot of Yamaha gear around. I got my THR5 amp from there and I desperately wish they'd make a bass specific one with the option to add a cabinet. In the meantime I like to amuse myself with their Pacificas although I've never tried any of their basses. Their "Silent" range interests me, but are too much for my budget.