Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chris Slade AC/DC

JTUK

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1423489804' post='2685388']
I liked Chris Slade with AC/DC on some of the material, but on other parts it seemed a bit rushed. Darn good drummer though.
[/quote]

No danger of that based on Highway to Hell from the Grammys. My God.... I think they're about halfway through the first verse as I type.

He is local here and his partner announced it .plus people closer to him haven't been able to contain it either.
So I held off for a few days before posting. The news is about a week old so surprised it wasn't posted before.
He plays local but wouldn't know about how he fits in as their drummer..

Dc like people they know and can trust to do a good job and Chris is that man. He did a good job before and I have no doubt will he will slot right in.

As for Phil, the guy has lost the plot. There is far to much money involved to take a chance on him.

Chris Slade, excellent drummer and seems like a good guy. Didn't he step away to allow Rudd back in ?

I saw Chris Slade with Gary Moore and Bob Daisley on Moores after the war tour years and years ago in Kings Hall in Belfast. Home gig for Gary Moore and unforgettable version of Parisienne walkways.

That was just before Slade played donnington with Ac/Dc.

Edited by Black Coffee

Chris Slade has played with almost everyone. His Facebook page has a picture of him standing with Tom Jones and Elvis.
I was lucky enough to front his pub band for a charity gig a couple of years ago. Very nice chap and a great drummer. Nice to see Stevie Young using Malcolm's old Gretsch too.
I thought highway to hell was a little slow tbh but that could be because I've been playing it too fast for the past 25 years!!