Why become a member? ×

Ibaneeezes

Faithless

Heres my ATK :) Had it for quite a few years now and was the third owner when I got it so I am guessing its early 90's - only my second bass after a crappy musicman copy, but no intention of parting with it. Weighs a tonne, but nicely balanced and beautiful tone to it - I string it through the body and usually string it with 110s but on 105s at the moment. They can also be strung just through the tailpiece. Was almost a bit gutted when I saw they had relaunched the range as I'm sure people will start seeing more of them now :huh:

[quote name='bassman2790' post='268034' date='Aug 22 2008, 05:13 PM']This thread and the "The One You Wish You'd Never Sold" thread have got me crying into my keyboard. I used to have a superb RB950

It played beautifully and had such a wide range of tones available as each of the humbuckers was coil tapped. I owned it for a couple of years but then sold it on and replaced it with a Yamaha BB414 of all things. I've seen posts on a couple of forums with a link to my photo on the Ibanez register asking anyone with information to the whereabouts of a similar bass to come forward. I really regret selling this bass as I realise that the chances of finding another are almost impossible.

I can't believe I let it go...pass the kleenex[/quote]

Another regretter here - I had that exact same bass,but in trans red over the Bird's Eye Maple,can't remember what I sold it for or why? :)

Hey, chaps, got a questie here..

So, I own Ibanez GSR205 - that's a cheapo active 5-string, but it's OK as backup instrument.

Now, I don't understand one thing - how to set this bass EQ flat?

We've got four knobs here - two volume knobs (for each pickup), one PHAT II EQ knob (wtf?? let's say it's bass boost knob..), and one so-called Tone knob (Highs knob..)

So again, 4 knobs - Neck Vol/Bridge Vol/Bass/Highs...

All knobs rotate 'between' 0 to 10.

So, if I want to set my bass flat, I've gotta roll Bass and Highs off, and both Vol knobs set on full? :)

Thanks in advance,
Faith.

volumes to full, if the bass and treble knobs are boost/cut, they should be set at the centre detent (the knob should have a 'lock in' position). If it is boost only, the bass and treble knobs to the minimum.

EDIT : bored, so I went to ibby website, both are boost only. So tone and bass to minimum will give you flat eq (there is a frequency response chart on their website).

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

[quote name='Chris1127' post='332735' date='Nov 19 2008, 11:00 PM']Was almost a bit gutted when I saw they had relaunched the range as I'm sure people will start seeing more of them now :)[/quote]

The new ones lack something that the old ones have. I played one in a shop recently and it feels very different to mine.

the truss rod adjustment has moved so it's now more like that of a Stingray and they now have 22 frets instead of 24. Another thing that seems to have changed is that the bridge plate is the same on all models now whereas before the 300/305 one was tapered and the higher models were squared off, now they are all tapered.

Edited by Sean

[quote]It played beautifully and had such a wide range of tones available as each of the humbuckers was coil tapped. I owned it for a couple of years but then sold it on and replaced it with a Yamaha BB414 of all things. I've seen posts on a couple of forums with a link to my photo on the Ibanez register asking anyone with information to the whereabouts of a similar bass to come forward. I really regret selling this bass as I realise that the chances of finding another are almost impossible.

I can't believe I let it go...pass the kleenex[/quote]
After looking at that bass guitar I would like some kleenex as well - but not because I'm crying... :wub:

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='332683' date='Nov 19 2008, 10:06 PM']How much would it cost/how difficult would it be to obtain one of these?

[/quote]This difficult and this expensive, from Germanys leading rip off store.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/1978-IBANEZ-ARTIST-BASS-made-in-JAPAN_W0QQitemZ120339694834QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item120339694834&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.com/1978-IBANEZ-ARTIST-BAS...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]

• 2 months later...