Why become a member? ×

Ibaneeezes

Faithless

[quote name='Faithless' post='267680' date='Aug 22 2008, 12:29 PM']So, my friend's is looking for an axe in EvilBay.

Tonight he asked me if I know anything about Ibanez [b]TR 500[/b]...

I thought, he was actually talking about SR500, but, nah...

TR500 Expressionist - it really exists! Though, never heard of it...

[url="http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tr600cu6.jpg"][/url]

Yesterday it went for 25euros. A bit cheap. It's said, electronics are passive/active, so, switchable, right?

Can anyone tella few more words about that - is it worth looking at all?[/quote]

Anyone? It's quite urgent... :)

[quote name='geilerbass' post='268623' date='Aug 23 2008, 10:05 PM']Awesome SRs - I assume they are early/mid 90's Japanese models? Is that fretless a 1205? Great to see some older Soundgears on Basschat - there don't seem to be too many kicking around.[/quote]

The two through necks are from around 93 and are both from the us, the 405 is a few years newer and was originally black but I gave it a refinish about a year ago.

Oh yes and the 1205 is a fretless, with inlaid white lines.

Edited by wizbat

Proud owner of 3 Ibbys...

Actually :

- BTB 5 PQM Custom Shop (see link in my sgnature.)
- ATK 600 deluxe (Japan '96)
- ATK 405 (Corea '02) (same as Warpig overthere)

And I can say that Ibbys are very underrated... as my BTB which can be considered equal and even more to a F bass or that kind of bass...

Ibby' enjoy !

Faithless, I let this goes for 2 main reasons...

- 1 - I play less and less 5 strings... and more and more playing on 4...
reason I could be interested in a swap.

- 2 - I have now 2 childs which take more and more place at home and a great part of my music stuff
need to go.
Already, synths, studio effects, other basses and other things are sold.

I think that I will keep only 3 or 4 basses . (My JP 5 / PB / ATK 600 / and perhaps another 4, why not a JB...)

This BTB is awesome, but I would like to keep only one 5 and in the 5, the JP is my favorite.

[quote name='Tech' post='271053' date='Aug 27 2008, 03:00 PM']SR3006e

just amazing. really. does everything from hard rock to jazz, she's lighter than most of the 4-strings I've ever played, and she's extremely comfortable. the perfect girl :)[/quote]

Ooo... the first bass I genuninely fell in love with was a 3006E. They really are the balls. I was sorely tempted by the one that came up for sale on here recently (with custom pickups), but sadly, didn't have the funds.

[quote name='Tech' post='271053' date='Aug 27 2008, 03:00 PM']SR3006e

just amazing. really. does everything from hard rock to jazz, she's lighter than most of the 4-strings I've ever played, and she's extremely comfortable. the perfect girl :)[/quote]
I'm struggling to work out your genre ........ funky bass teamed with indie scarf and ska-punk guitar strap ........ ?!

Sweet bass though, I'd love a 5-string version of that.

[quote name='geilerbass' post='271067' date='Aug 27 2008, 03:15 PM']Ooo... the first bass I genuninely fell in love with was a 3006E. They really are the balls. I was sorely tempted by the one that came up for sale on here recently (with custom pickups), but sadly, didn't have the funds.[/quote]

damn straight - I've never instantly liked *everything* about a bass before. I mean when I played stingrays and fenders in the shops, it was just like - 'well [i]this[/i] is awesome! but [b]this[/b] isn't quite what I was hoping.' but with this baby - I couldn't fault it. after trying a model out in cardiff, and seeing one on the classifieds here I knew that I had to get one :huh:
also been the first 6 string I've ever been able to play - the neck is *just* the right shape and size to make it accessible. As shown in the pics, I wear my bass pretty low and I have comfortable access to all parts of the neck.

[quote name='noisedude' post='271071' date='Aug 27 2008, 03:17 PM']I'm struggling to work out your genre ........ funky bass teamed with indie scarf and ska-punk guitar strap ........ ?!

Sweet bass though, I'd love a 5-string version of that.[/quote]

the low B is killer man, probably the deepest low B I've ever heard. My one criticism is it doesn't have as much clarity as some of the other low B strings out there (especially the ray), but it sure as hell is tight and growly, if that's what you dig :)

and good luck trying to figure out the genre lmao, so am I :huh: I play in a jazz trio, I do sessions (musicals, choirs, wind bands etc), I play in a stoner rock outfit, an amateur pop group (check out the myspace if you wanna hear this baby in action - [url="http://www.myspace.com/stereotemple"]http://www.myspace.com/stereotemple[/url] at the beginning of time, I'm doing some widdly stuff on the top 2 strings and I also do some low down grooving on the B if you wanna check it out) and a power metal trio.

*ALL WITH THE SAME BASS [[and clothes :huh: ]]*

another very good Ibby IMO...

the low B is more precise on BTB due to 35" neck.
but I'm Ok with you, you can play waht you want with those basses.

SR and BTB are for sure great values in Ibanez brand, others type of basses are less versatile, for instance
my ATKs are not good for jazz...

Heres my workhorse [ on the left ] . 1989 SR1100e ,oiled ash body , USA pickups , I think this was the grandfather of the " Prestige" series its known as these days . Recorded 4 albums and done a million gigs on it .Ive only replaced the input jack and a couple of batteries . I trust this bass with my life ....its never let me down .

[quote name='makatak' post='277533' date='Sep 5 2008, 07:57 AM']Heres my workhorse [ on the left ] . 1989 SR1100e ,oiled ash body , USA pickups , I think this was the grandfather of the " Prestige" series its known as these days . Recorded 4 albums and done a million gigs on it .Ive only replaced the input jack and a couple of batteries . I trust this bass with my life ....its never let me down .[/quote]

Man that's a beaut! Proper old-school, but with all the tradmark features that have made the SR range what it is. Did they make a 5-string version of that?

• 4 weeks later...