Why become a member? ×

1986 Warwick Streamer Stage I Neck Through - SOLD
£1200

Pedro1020

Final Price drop - [b]£950[/b] - No interest in trades.

Hello! it's been a while since I've been on this site, quite some years actually! I'm looking to sell my 1986 Warwick Streamer, hopefully to a fellow BC'er who'll cherish it as much as I have.

It's in good condition for it's age, a few minor marks around the bottom of the body/near the jack input. The usual slight thumb hazing above the neck PU. I've tried to capture these in the pictures provided. The back of the neck, fretboard (frets also) & headstock on the otherhand are flawless.

As far as playability goes it's an effortless dream. The slim neck profile, streamline body contours & light weight are what make these earlier Warwicks incredible. My reason for sale is.. I only play it once or twice a year. I'll admit that I baby it, so it hasn't seen much action in it's lifetime. Too much time consumed by work & other things.

Specs:[list]
[*]Original EMG active pickups.
[*]Warwick branded Schaller Machine Heads.
[*]Warwick branded Schaller 3D4 Bridge.
[*]Gold hardware.
[*]Brass nut.
[*]Cherry wings with Wenge neckthrough design & fretboard with pearl(oid) dot inlays.
[/list]
Comes with an official Warwick padded gig bag - in great condition, no rips, tears. Still has "the ol' tagger on it".

Should also point out that this bass is from a smoke free household.

I'm located in Buckinghamshire/High Wycombe, SE. Collection prefered.

Thanks for looking! gotta get used to forums again.

Posted a few pictures below but here's the link to the full album: [url="http://s76.photobucket.com/user/PGD1020/library/86%20Streamer"]http://s76.photobuck...y/86%20Streamer[/url]

Edited by Pedro1020

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpin' up.

Must reiterate that this is a [b]UK[/b] sale only (to all the interest I've gained elsewhere, sorry but I'd like to avoid any hassle).

[quote name='sambucadan' timestamp='1422966506' post='2678884'] :-( This was my 'bedroom wall poster' bass in the 80's....... had bolt on for a while but have always wanted a 'proper' thru wenge neck 80's streamer. [/quote]

Turn that poster into the real thang! ;)

What is with the current drop in vintage Warwick bass prices? Only a month or two ago there was a Streamer almost identical on here for sale at £1200 and it sold for that price. Bargains everywhere!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1423937993' post='2690648']
What is with the current drop in vintage Warwick bass prices? Only a month or two ago there was a Streamer almost identical on here for sale at £1200 and it sold for that price. Bargains everywhere!
[/quote]

I know mate, theres so many, im actually in the market to buy and its makin a decision ridiculously hard!!

This looks a belter though!!

[quote name='MarkusWarwick' timestamp='1423938719' post='2690663']
I know mate, theres so many, im actually in the market to buy and its makin a decision ridiculously hard!!

This looks a belter though!!
[/quote]

Despite this, I still managed to sell my 91 SSII the other week without even advertising it, just seems people are desperate for dosh!

This is the best bang for your buck out of the lot, no idea how it hasn't sold!