Why become a member? ×

New cheap Marcus Miller endorsed range of basses - Sire

Clarky

I have a leftie V7 on order that has been put back from Nov to Dec and now Jan delivery date so have spoken to them at length during this time. I have been told that they will be receiving another batch of basses mid March. I get the impression that they will receive a large order at this time.

[quote name='Tvrtastic' timestamp='1453072604' post='2956219']
I have a leftie V7 on order that has been put back from Nov to Dec and now Jan delivery date so have spoken to them at length during this time. I have been told that they will be receiving another batch of basses mid March. I get the impression that they will receive a large order at this time.
[/quote]
a few of the models are still showing as expected in 2-5 days, but most are now showing as due on March 18th.
I wonder if I have managed to get my name on one in the Jan 21st shipment? We'll see soon enough I suppose.

I emailed Thomann and they told me that mine will come out of the January shipment :-)

I thought about changing colour but I decided to stick with my original choice (white with RW), because
- I already have 2 black basses
- I don't like the look of the maple necks with white block inlay
- I was tempted by the sunburst with RW neck but in the end I concluded that having 3 blocks of alder showing through might look slightly odd
- I love the red tort scratchplate on white

so there we are. Pictures will follow once it arrives - hopefully next week!

Anyone got any suggestions on good settings for the controls? Does everyone run it in active?
I've never owned a Jazz before so I'm looking for a classic Jazz tone - does that mean both pickups blended with tone on about 50%?
I'd also like suggestions on how to get something old school smooth, think motown, classic finger soul/funk.
I will probably put d'Addario chrome flats on unless someone convinces me that this is a stupid idea :-)

[quote name='Tvrtastic' timestamp='1453305110' post='2958279']
Sire v7's are now showing 'on stock' on the thomann site, which hopefully means that mine is now on its way to me!

Been patiently waiting since July for this. :-).
[/quote]

I wonder if when it arrives if it was be an Indonesian or Chinese built one. :-s

[quote name='chickenjames' timestamp='1453322396' post='2958501']

coool! which one are you getting?
[/quote]

Alder 4 TS. I'm a leftie so had to wait patiently for them to start making them and ship to Europe.

Really really cannot wait. Been looking around for a leftie MIA jazz but just never found one that made me want to actually part with all the cash. I even went to the Fender factory but bottled it! But when the reviews started rolling in about the MM and that they were to be LH it was a no brainer.

Now suffering from paramomia over the fact that sire have started to make V7 in their Chinese factory to keep up with demand and I could see them making the lefties out there so to concentrate on RH in the normal factory. I'll be gutted if mine is not as well made as others report.

Not many reports here or talk bass on the quality of the Chinese ones.

Only time will tell.....

[quote name='Tvrtastic' timestamp='1453324767' post='2958535']
Not many reports here or talk bass on the quality of the Chinese ones.

Only time will tell.....
[/quote]

With any luck the Chinese built basses will be decent - the Squier Classic Vibes get made there and most owners seem to really like them!

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1453324068' post='2958523']
Specs are up for the new M7 range.
35" neck for the 5 string ;-)

http://www.sire-guitars.com/usa/blog/2015/12/14/the-new-breed-of-humbuckers/
[/quote]
I really like the look of that, here we go again! 😄

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1452254603' post='2948067']
Thinking of changing the tuners on my V7 for some nice Hipshot HB6Cs. Does anyone know off the top of their head whether I'll need the 3/8 or 1/2 versions? I'm guessing 1/2 but obvs I need to be sure. Yes, I could measure up when I get home... but I'm an impatient sod and would like to order today if poss :lol:
[/quote]
Done. :D Shame about the old screwholes but I can live with it. The difference in quality between these and the stock tuners is vast. So very glad I made this mod. It's the only one I'll be making to this bass :)
Incidentally, that D string tuner might look pissed in the photo, but it's not in reality. I've just checked and it's as straight as an arrow. Who says the camera never lies? :lol:

Edited by UglyDog