Why become a member? ×

Strange courier collection arrangement, advise sought

KennysFord

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1420668946' post='2652090']
£50 says scam. Even if not, as someone who's sold a thing or two on here, if in the same situation I'd decline the sale and seek a more straight forward deal. Good luck either way. C
[/quote]

So who gets your £50 if the cash is banked successfuly ?

Odd deal i done was for two very expensive ww2 era German pilots watches valued at over 2k. I only wanted to sell them in the UK but a guy from Italy bought them, He then got his mate in the USA to pay for them, and i sent them to a guy in Brighton.
Now there was a odd sale!, and guy with connections.

Also sold a Rolex to a guy at a Mcdonalds drive through. Was funny i remember him phoning his wife to ask permission to buy it.

And once met a man under the Angel of the north, to buy some expensive mountain boarding gear. He came alone which i thought was mad as there was no camera's about and at the time only a tiny parking area. Group of foreign tourists wondered what on earth we were up to.

Glad the deal went well anyhow, i knew it would go down well.

Well, bank clerks handle cash in bulk every single day and can usually spot a dodgy note quicker than I can say 'BassChat', so all appears to have turned out fine and dandy. :)

Quite aside from the transaction appearing to have been a success for both parties, it's always great to see BC members looking out for each other, pointing out potential things to watch for and sharing experiences. :)

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1420741921' post='2652934']
Ha ha, some you win, some you lose eh :)
[/quote]

Joking aside how about you donate it to a charity. Perhaps you could give three charitable options and let the community decide.

If you have the balls to do it and prove it I will match it.

Send the payment to BC who will make the donations on our behalf, then all will see that it's above board.

How about the BC Bass relay?

Edited by gelfin

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1420668946' post='2652090']
£50 says scam. Even if not, as someone who's sold a thing or two on here, if in the same situation I'd decline the sale and seek a more straight forward deal. Good luck either way. C
[/quote]

Such a BOLD statement should most certainly be followed up with handing over said cash to bC bass relay. :)
Unless your all pi55 and wind that is........ ;)

Made me laugh from start to end this thread , if someone offers to pay you cash in your hand, be a big boy and take a look at the money.
If in doubt, knock em out ;)

[quote name='Wonky2' timestamp='1420757437' post='2653232']

Made me laugh from start to end this thread , if someone offers to pay you cash in your hand, be a big boy and take a look at the money.
If in doubt, knock em out ;)
[/quote]

Easy for a big rufty tufty like you to say, I'm the wrong side of 50, 5'6" and weigh 9 1\2 stone pissed wet through.
:rolleyes: