Why become a member? ×

SADOWSKY NYC

CHRISDABASS

Hey

this was sent from brooklyn on tuesday and it arrived today (the natural ash one is my metro UV70)

[url="http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/5121.html"]http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/5121.html[/url]

[attachment=11785:DSCF3001.JPG]

[attachment=11786:DSCF3002.JPG]

[attachment=11787:DSCF3004.JPG]

[attachment=11841:DSC01171.JPG]

[attachment=11842:DSC01174.JPG]

[attachment=11845:DSC01177.JPG]

[attachment=11843:DSC01175.JPG]

[attachment=11844:DSC01176.JPG]

the pictures really do not do it justice!! its fantastic!! very classy colour! im dead pleased with it!!

great case too! kevin at sadowsky gave me the choice of alsorts of different cases so i went for the ACCESS hard case!

he also threw in 3 sets of blue label strings!! :) :huh: :huh:

Edited by CHRISDABASS

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='258223' date='Aug 8 2008, 03:41 PM']Quality. How's it perform?[/quote]

its awesome!! :)

i had a little tweak with the action to get it just how i like it ...................and i love it!!

its a lovely weight too....just under 8 and a half pounds :huh:

cant wait to try it out properly!

should be doing some recording tomorrow :huh:.....should be fun!!

Thats superb, congrats, so basically you just order it off the web site! what about shipping and taxes do u get hung for them aswell?

yeah i just phoned them up....spoke to kevin about their current stock and the next day i sent them the money! this one is pretty dam close to what i would have ordered anyway so why wait 6-8 months??? shipping was about $200 (£100) i think thats fine considering it only took 3 days!! altogether in VAT and duty i paid about £120......im pretty happy with that :)

That is a cool looking bass, what are the plastic bits around the pickups etc, there for protection?

yeah there's one over each pickup, one right where you'd pop if you were slapping and one on the back of the bass to stop buckle rash! i guess they just wanna keep it looking perfect until someone buys it! :huh: these guys think of everything!!

Awsome, Chris! How does it compare to your natural metro model?

well its difficult to say really!

its lighter and a little more resonant than the metro, the fit and finish are very similar but the NYC might just have the edge :huh:
setup wise i had to slightly adjust them both a little to get them just right! there's not a huge amount in it but the NYC just has something extra :huh: and i love the rosewood board!! it even smells nice hahahahaha :huh:

Just one superb bass. No wonder you're so pleased with it.

I watched a video interview with Roger Sadowsky recently and I think he said that all the NYC basses are chambered (someone please correct me if I remembered that incorrectly).

Congrats again on a great acquisition....

[quote name='7string' post='258627' date='Aug 9 2008, 12:11 AM']Just one superb bass. No wonder you're so pleased with it.

I watched a video interview with Roger Sadowsky recently and I think he said that all the NYC basses are chambered (someone please correct me if I remembered that incorrectly).

Congrats again on a great acquisition....[/quote]

yeah ive watched the same video! and yeah your right they are chambered........it does seem to make a difference! in a good way too :)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='258678' date='Aug 9 2008, 09:47 AM']yeah ive watched the same video! and yeah your right they are chambered........it does seem to make a difference! in a good way too :)[/quote]

Congrats! You have a very nice pair there.

Regarding the chambered bodies: You can request a solid body in NYC instruments. In fact, most natural finished NYC basses are solid.

[quote name='Toasted' post='261381' date='Aug 13 2008, 09:37 AM']Listen guys, it's not exactly kosher so it's not wise to go crowing about it all over the internet. Don't go and mess it up for those of us with Sadowsky's on order, eh? :) PM me if you really can't live without knowing.[/quote]

Cheers joe! :huh:

ooooh what have you ordered??