Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Westone Thunder 1A - Matsumoku MIJ - price drop
£140

smaz

Howdy folks,

Up for sale (only, sorry!) is a Westone Thunder 1A. Made in the 80's in Matsumoku, I don't think I need to say much more than that :) It's both active / passive, and has a wide range of sounds available as a result.

I'm not sure what year it was born (if I can provide details to anyone to give it an age, let me know!).

For the money, this is a fantastic bass - great sound, easy to play & feels like a well made instrument.

[b]Condition:[/b]
The bass is around 30 years old, and certainly looks it. There's various dings, chips & scratches. I've tried to photograph most of them / the worst. It's certainly a players bass & has some history, so if you're looking for one in immaculate condition I'm afraid it's not this.

The reason I'm selling is I've had an opportunity to buy back a fretless I traded a little while ago, and this was bought mainly to try one out after hearing rave reviews from here. I bought it as a backup, but since acquired a JV Squier which meant that my US Fender P became the backup!

I'm looking for [s]£140[/s] [b]£130 [/b]+ postage, which will include a [url="http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/stagg-economy-rectangular-bass-case.html"]Stagg hardcase[/url]. The hardcase has a few scratches on it, but is perfectly usable. I can provide pictures if required, but it's behind a TV stand & under the stairs so is a bit of a pain to get to!

Trial / collection is welcome from Basingstoke. I may be able to deliver / meetup locally, so do ask :)

Any more info just shout!

[b]Postage:[/b]
Due to the christmas rush & break, I won't post it this side of Christmas - it'll just end up sat in a warehouse for a few days, I'd rather it be sat safe & warm in my house until the delivery men have had their christmas dinner.

Pics:

Edited by smaz

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1419421476' post='2639764']
Any dings on the neck and fingerboard at all? anything you can feel when playing?
[/quote]

Off the top of my head, I don't remember there being anything noticeable. It's mainly the body that's showing signs of it's age. I'll take a look & try to get some photos when I get back from work.

[quote name='Pestie' timestamp='1419424742' post='2639820']
And SMAZ is such a great bloke to deal with :) :rolleyes: :lol: :D :P

Mike (Pestie)
[/quote]

Cheers :D

I've checked the neck:

There are a few small, light scratches - you can barely feel one of them, the rest you can't. I've only noticed them because I've looked for them & intentionally ran my thumb over them - I hadn't noticed or felt them them through playing.
Behind the 2nd fret at the upper part of the back of the neck (near the E string) is a small ding which you can just about feel but you'd have to have a weird grip for it to get in the way.
Just after the 2nd fret on the fretboard, there is a tiny ding on the edge of the fretboard (E string side). Tiny, doesn't affect playability but thought I'd mention it.

My phone currently has no battery so I can't grab pictures at the mo, but if you'd like some I'm more than happy to take some later.

Cheers