Why become a member? ×

Vox amplug 2

timmo

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1419012612' post='2635756']
I have read a ton of reviews, the general consensus is that it sounds good, the preset rhythms are great, but it's flimsy - poorly made, by most accounts.
[/quote]Yeah. My original one broke on the casing that houses the plug . I glued it back together, and works fine. Mine doesn`t appear to be as flimsy as some reports, but i do worry everytime i drop it on the floor.

I'm on my second (headphones pulled one way, Amplug the other, and the socket broke).
3 rhythms to play along to, you can adjust the tempo and volume mix.
3 FX - Boost, Clean and Compressor. Scant instructions so someone may be along to correct me.
Audio In jack really useful for playing along with.
Not the strongest build quality but good enough for the price.

Edited by Drax

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1420896126' post='2654698']
It's alright. Really lacks volume, even with decent phones. Very fiddly and fragile but for the price, a good wee toy. How do you adjust the tempo on the rhythms?
[/quote]

While holding down the 'Rhythm' button use the vol/tempo dial to change the tempo..I don't have an issue with volume & sometimes use iphone buds..

I really like this gadget, good for grabbing a bass & playing without needing to go into a freezing garage,won't wake the kids & in the summer sit outside & enjoy the sun/view/alcohol :)

Edited by dieseldalziel

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1421075071' post='2656842']
My hand was forced into buying the new Amplug2. My old one broke last night.The jack got caught and pushed into the housing and just makes fuzzy noises. Should have it tomorrow
[/quote]

FFS. My first one broke after 3 months. This one has lasted a month. My arm caught the aux in wire putting the bass down, instead of just pulling free, the casing is frail enough to crack open and tear the aux socket out. Whole unit failed.

Too tricksy to resolder, and out of principle not buying a third.

Any good alternatives out there that will sustain daily use?

How about a Zoom B1on? http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/b1on

You can plug headphones into the output jack, your MP3 player into the aux in and it has rhythm patterns too. Plus it's a multi-effects stomp pedal. All for under £40. You know, I think I've just talked myself into buying one!

I quite like this.

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pocket-Rockit-S1B-Guitar-Practice/dp/B003LJJOJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421624732&sr=8-1&keywords=pocket+amp"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pocket-Rockit-S1B-Guitar-Practice/dp/B003LJJOJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421624732&sr=8-1&keywords=pocket+amp[/url]

If your bass has a recessed jack socket like my Ibanez, it may not fit and always remove the battery when not in use, drains it down otherwise, even if not plugged in to your bass. Other than that, very good.

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1421619303' post='2663428']
FFS. My first one broke after 3 months. This one has lasted a month. My arm caught the aux in wire putting the bass down, instead of just pulling free, the casing is frail enough to crack open and tear the aux socket out. Whole unit failed.

Too tricksy to resolder, and out of principle not buying a third.

Any good alternatives out there that will sustain daily use?
[/quote]My first one had the jack pulled out after i got it caught in clothing. I managed to repair it, but the jack was always loose. After the second time it just buzzed. This new one, i am making sure it is kept in my headphone case. They are fragile, but when they work, they are good. The Amplug2 is slightly better with the swivelling jack, but it looks like it could be as fragile.

• 2 months later...

I bought one of these the other day.
My old one only worked out of one headphone after I sat on it.
The old one lasted me a few years so I hope this will too. I quite like the useful (but limited) drum machine on it.