Why become a member? ×

The best party/function band I have seen

steantval

I was also going to add, I can see why they can charge what they charge and why people will pay it.
You need to plugged into corporate who can and will pay that, and you'll earn it as those people
also expect their lb of flesh at times... but they know what they will work for and so don't quibble
when buying
When we go to London... we are looking to add £1k to a price and we will do it for less than that mark-up
but we also know we need to be able to cover the rise in price. And if you can't, you get found out VERY
quickly, IMO.

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1418682741' post='2632391']
These them? Sound like a pro function band. Not 'raw' enough for me. Bit sterile...

[media]http://youtu.be/eoMlqobSKf0[/media]
[/quote]
If these guys are as good as this clip i would say they are pretty damn good! Very tight and pro....bassist sounds bloody decent tbf. Different league than the usual pub bands. Very big production and engineering which always helps. They play some good choons!

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1419262321' post='2638109']
I seem to find myself mildly in love with the blonde dancer during Get Lucky around 5:45.
That is all, great sounding band though.

Si
[/quote]

Whenever the set needs a lift, bring on the daisy dukes!

Great band. And nice to see an appreciative crowd, you see so many showreels filmed in empty venues. It reminds me of those 'made for TV' gigs Gary Crowley used to host on C4.

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1418682741' post='2632391']
These them? Sound like a pro function band. Not 'raw' enough for me. Bit sterile...

http://youtu.be/eoMlqobSKf0
[/quote]

Wow. That's about 5 billion times better than i was expecting! Very nice vocal harmonies - one of the things I feel makes a band a league above the norm.

I play 'professionaly'....music is my sole means of income, but I make most of my money through teaching. Still, I'd class myself as a reasonable player. Degree in music etc

Those guys are waaaay above my standard!

Quality of musicianship aside, I'm guessing that the PA and lighting rigs that they are using aren't cheap, and they'll have a few sound engineers/techies working on a gig with them. 8 grand is a lot of money, but when the agency has taken their cut and the costs have been covered (which will be a lot) I'm guessing none of them are millionaires!

......and they are so many leagues above the average band that play a vaguely in time version of Sex On Fire down at the local Dog n Duck that it's unreal.

Jo was in the shop last week trying out some basses and a pre-amp and we had Phil Jones in at the same time.

Phil went out of his way to say what a good player he thought Jo was and, apart from thank you very much, all Jo said was that he was using his 'shop chops' :)

Edited by molan