Why become a member? ×

Dummy Amp stack. Where to rent in the UK?

Karl Derrick

Funny thread......lol....

Get a cheapy from cash converters, like you said, no one is that bothered.
I have done a couple. On one, an Amp was provided,
the other, I just took a spare combo along, and if that got nicked (it didn't),
I would have just claimed through my insurance.
Not sure what the problem is really.

On the other hand, the OP can always make a Lego one.

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='Karl Derrick' timestamp='1417969100' post='2625569']
I chose to withdraw so as to avoid confrontation. It was clearly a bad idea to ask here.

Thanks to everyone who took the question seriously.
Karl
[/quote]

As I said earlier, a prop house may also be a good place to start, most of us here working with functioning rigs and never having needed to source dummy rigs with which to make films. Nevertheless pretty much everybody chipped in some useful suggestions along with the usual cheerful BC banter.

Please excuse those of us who were unable to supply [i]precisely[/i] the information you required and to convey it with the gravitas the project clearly demands.

And if you do source a dummy rig off the back of one of the suggestions here you might drop a thank you to the individual concerned. :)

You can usually find a dummy sat on the drum throne if that helps. You can also leave them tethered in most places and, to the best of my knowledge, no-one has ever stolen a drummer. Funnily enough they can be had for as little as a bag of haribo in high street second hand shops featuring a musical instrument section. They are they ones stood drooling and daydreaming in the bongo section so easy to identify.

[quote name='Karl Derrick' timestamp='1417969100' post='2625569']
I chose to withdraw so as to avoid confrontation.
It was clearly a bad idea to ask here.

Thanks to everyone who took the question seriously.

Karl
[/quote]
You were correct about the first reply being sarcastic, it just wasn't meant in a nasty way in the slightest. After that it seemed to snowball a bit. I don't think this was the wrong place to ask, it's just that this seems to happen sometimes and I have no idea why, it's quite embarrassing to see when it does.

Sometimes I feel guilty when I accidentally stand on my dog's foot, and I end up shouting at her. I don't know why that happens either.

Don't give up on us dude!

Kingbollock.

It's fine, don't worry. But thanks for that.
As I said, I do appreciate the useful suggestions.

I'm a newish member here but I am a bass player and a member of the community in, I assume, good standing.
I thought it might be a good place to ask about dummy stacks. You never know.... bass related....

I have no idea what caused the hurtful things people have said on this thread.

This:

'It'll go straight to DVD anyway.....'

And this:

'Please excuse those of us who were unable to supply [i]precisely[/i] the information you required and to convey it with the gravitas the project clearly demands.'

Are clearly unnecessary.

Thanks to everyone else for the useful suggestions, though. I appreciate it.

Karl

Edited by Karl Derrick

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1417973008' post='2625625']
You were correct about the first reply being sarcastic, it just wasn't meant in a nasty way in the slightest.
[/quote]

NOI, KB, but at the time I didn't read it as remotely sarcastic. :)

If the OP had got that suggestion on a movie props forum it might have been questionable but if he asks a bunch of bass players where to get a dummy rig he's bound to get the obvious suggestion to use (or buy) a real one. Probably cheaper than a three week rent for the duration of the shoot. Even at an unlikely £30 a day you're looking at £600.

Anyway, f**k it. Our work here is done.

Edited by skankdelvar