Why become a member? ×

NAD: Gumtree bargain

strtdv

Picked up a mint condition Markbass CMD121P mk2 today for the bargain price of £270. The guy selling was great to deal with and the amp sounds awesome (although having worked late this evening I haven't got to properly turn it up yet).
I think I got a pretty good deal, now I just have to sell my old Warwick Sweet 25.1 as per my self imposed "one in one out" policy..

I'm very pleased with it, got a chance to wind it up properly today. I can't believe an amp so small and light can sound so good and produce so much volume and bottom end.

The tweeter is very hissy though and TBH I'm not a huge fan of tweeters on bass amps, so I've disconnected it as per other threads on this forum.

Gumtree has had quite a few bargains recently, I now have picked up a hardly used Warwick Thumb Bolt On 5er and a mint Markbass CMD121p for a grand total of £770

Obligatory rubbish mobile phone photos:

I didn't realise that! I saw the II and presumed it was the same as the LMII.

Much quieter in terms of hiss now the tweeter isn't connected. It would be nice if it was switchable though as in a live situation you might like a little more treble response than just the speaker gives you and the hiss would be less troublesome

He told me 8 other people had contacted him after I did.
It had only been listed for about 30 minutes, I almost hesitated due to my general rule of selling the old before I buy anything new, but figured it would be gone if I didn't move quick.

I have to say I'm loving it, and I can confirm that Febreeze works wonders for getting tobacco smoke smell out of bass amp carpet covering.

Interpol52, if you happen to want a Warwick bass amp, I know someone who is selling one ;)