Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Thunderbird - seems like a bargain....

£100 BIN

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epiphone-Thunderbird-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ170127778278QQihZ007QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epiphone-Thunderbird...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='26564' date='Jul 3 2007, 04:10 PM']£100 BIN

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epiphone-Thunderbird-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ170127778278QQihZ007QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epiphone-Thunderbird...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url][/quote]

How long d'you think it'll last?

[quote name='Buzz' post='26578' date='Jul 3 2007, 04:35 PM']f***, it's seem too much of a bargin to be true.

If sensible postage was offered, I'd probably have it like a shot.[/quote]

You're only half an hour away for pickup!

[quote name='Muppet' post='26572' date='Jul 3 2007, 04:22 PM']How long d'you think it'll last?[/quote]

Have a look at completed listings on ebay and you realise that you can get some amazing bargains. Well, you can if you're prepared to sit and watch your computer all day :) . I've seen an early 70's Precision go for £300, seriously.
I can see the point re postage another BCer made, but I'd go and collect it if I lived that way. If I wanted a TBird I'd be all over it.
Chris

I may be half hourish from pickup, but alas, I have no transport outside of my motorbike.

And I also cannot justifiy another bass at the moment when I'm saving up for a basic rig, I'm a poor student type don'tcha know.

*Looks at auction*

It's gone now anyway.

Cheers Rayman. Being a Bass(World)Chatter has given me the chance to play on more basses than I ever thought posisble - in last 2 yrs a Precision 51, Warwick, MM Sub and now this. Even if I don't keep it, it will be a bit of fun.

I aim to keep my 73 Precision forever. It was born the year I left school, so we have something in common.

What did you like about the Thunderbird and why did you let it go?

It was brilliant. I was in a classic rock covers band for a year, 4-6 gigs a month, and I needed something I could throw around, but would look the part, the TB ticked all the boxes.

The fretboard was really really nice, smooth and dark, almost like ebony. The pickups, which I fully intended to upgrade when I bought it, were fantastic, [i]big[/i] sound, [i]big[/i] output, it was a rock monster, the band loved it too, because I could fill out the sound while the guitarist solo'd.

For under £300 new, it was a stonker. Everybody loved the look and the sound of it. The only downer was the neckdive, but I got used to it, and didn't care.

I sold it when I left the rock band to help fund another bass, and it really wasn't the kind of bass I'd have outside the rock environment, but for that year I had it, I was over the moon with it. You won't need to upgrade anything on it believe me, the pups are great as they are, you'll love it.

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='26698' date='Jul 3 2007, 08:09 PM']Curse you, Beedster, that's another week's housekeeping the Missus ain't gonna get!

:)[/quote]

A pleasure my friend, I'm sure Mrs Mickeyborough will get over the lack of food, wine, shoes etc :huh:
Enjoy it mate
Chris

Note to TB owners:

Apparnetly if you move the strap button/lock from the upper edge to the little square bit under the neck on the neck pocket area, the balance problems go away.

I wish I'd have known that, as I wouldn't have sold mine last year otherwise.

[quote name='Buzz' post='26754' date='Jul 3 2007, 10:31 PM']Note to TB owners:

Apparnetly if you move the strap button/lock from the upper edge to the little square bit under the neck on the neck pocket area, the balance problems go away.

I wish I'd have known that, as I wouldn't have sold mine last year otherwise.[/quote]

Very true, just finished my SG build ( apart from the brass nut), with a button on the end of the neck pocket it it balances perfectly.

[quote name='Buzz' post='26754' date='Jul 3 2007, 10:31 PM']Note to TB owners:

I wish I'd have known that, as I wouldn't have sold mine last year otherwise.[/quote]

Just to add a +1 - this works and the bonus is no extra holes in your instrument.