Why become a member? ×

One for the drummers and Zep fans : John Bonham bass pedal technique video

The Admiral

Surfing about on YouTube and came across this video with a guy taking viewers through John Bonham's bass drum techniques. Fascinating insight into how he managed those remarkable performances with a basic kit : skill and innovation.

The same guy does videos on paradiddle rolls - which when you hear, you'll go ....".......oh... that's what he was doing.."

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTxc7Jq00E[/media]

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1410543088' post='2550632']
Gasp, that was some Lesson 1.
Pete had problems also. Hendrix did not like them for ripping off blues songs and not giving credit.
Here's Pete:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTJywZoG_bw[/media]
[/quote]

Not this tired argument again...!

You see, this is what we've needed Drumchat.co.uk for, for so long. There are several potential topics here in this one post alone. Drum tuition videos; for or against..? Heel down v toe down (a bit like P v J...)..? Just how good was Bozzo, anyway..? Would Led Zep have been better/worse/same with Baker/Moon/Starr in Bonham's shoes..? Birch or maple..? Are brushes obsolete..? How can I rid myself of our bassist, who keeps complaining I'm playing too loud and is too flipping weak'n'lazy to even turn up at rehearsals with an Ampeg fridge (I mean, what's with that, man..?)..?
We are waiting...