Why become a member? ×

New Harley Benton Bass Models

Annoying Twit

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT!!!!!!

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_bz_7000_nt.htm

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT!!!!!

I found out about this reading this thread on a German forum (using Google Translate). http://www.musiker-board.de/board-events-bt/549556-lasse-thernoe-harley-benton-mastermind-13.html There's just so much interesting stuff on that thread. Including interviews with the main designer for Harley Benton.

If I buy the 7-string, then because of my budgeting, I won't have money for anything for myself until the end of October.

I don't &£^$&%*£$£$ care. I want that 7 string. I WANT IT!!!!!!!

Somebody please bring me to my senses or I'll have one of them delivered next week.

There are lots of other things mentioned on the German forum thread. Including that there will be a five string version of the '1975' Harley Benton Jazz Bass.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1407696303' post='2523126']
Damnit Twit! I thought I'd got rid of my 5string GAS, and you have to go and start a thread like this? Poor form sir, poor form.
[/quote]

You've no idea the amount of 7 string GAS I'm going through right this very second. I'm going to shut down the computer and go to the gym.

BTW: There is a 5 string in the BZ range too, but I'd guess that the 5 string HB Jazzer will be much cheaper.

EDIT: OH FFS!! The 7 string has an ebanol fretboard. I've really liked every ebanol fretboard that I've ever tried.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1407696147' post='2523125']

Somebody please bring me to my senses or I'll have one of them delivered next week.

[/quote]

Don't you remember what your Mother said when you were a kid; "I want never gets".

There. Has that brought you to your senses? :D

Edited by BassBus

I ordered the HB BZ 4000 NT a couple of weeks back.

[attachment=168892:339370.jpg]

Doesn't come back in stock till the 25th and I'm off working for a month on the 30th

Cutting things fine again. No way I could handle one of those 7 stringers, had a bash on my Shine 6
earlier shouldn't have bothered. No idea what to do with it.

Thanks for the Lasse link

I find my Shine 6 quite comfortable to play, and have for a while looked longingly at the Ibanez BTB-7 (or whatever it's called). I just assumed that I wouldn't be able to justify the purchase of a playable 7-stringer. (There are some very odd things that come up on ebay occasionally). I want the 7-stringer for looper use. Even with the six string, it's hard to set up all of: a bass line, some chords, and solo notes while separating them in frequency sufficiently. Other players seem to manage it with 4 strings, but it doesn't seem to work so well for me.

I was seriously considering getting the Harley Benton 8-string guitar, and tuning it to all fourths. But, I've found the string spacing of baritone-ish 8 string guitars a bit narrow, and the scale length would make a low B problematic. Because of that, it wasn't at the top of the list of priorities.

I"m sure the BTB7 is a better instrument, but I see it has a rosewood fretboard. [url="http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2013/06/17/ibanez-adds-7-string-bass-to-btb-series/"]http://www.notreble....-to-btb-series/[/url] From my limited experience, I prefer ebanol to rosewood. So, that's one plus for the HB. I really like the walnut on the BTB though.

That all makes it look like a carefully considered purchase. It wasn't. As soon as I saw it on the German forum thread, it was childish WANT WANT WANT.

Do I need to order myself a scrunchy?

Edited by Annoying Twit

My Shine 6-er cost me £10 per string!

The combination of Thomann's returns policy, plus the Distance Selling Regulations means that if I don't like it, I'm not stuck with it. (If anything's faulty there's the Sale of Goods Act). But, I have a very strong gut feeling that it's not going to go anywhere once it arrives.

@kodiakblair - I'll have to wait until the 25th too.

Edited by Annoying Twit

The BZ-7000 has a push/pull active/passive switch. Interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing what sorts of tones I can get out of it. But, with a balance control, three band EQ, and active/passive, surely it should do a lot.

What is a 'bushing bridge'? The bridge looks like individual bridges like the Ibanez BTB7.

Also, the Harley Benton says that it has active/passive EQ, but the Ibanez has an 'EQ bypass' switch which bypasses the EQ for a passive sound. This suggests that the Ibanez EQ only works in active mode. Will the Harley Benton EQ work in passive mode, or would there be no EQ?

• 10 months later...

I just came across this. I read the reviews on Thomann and think that this is brilliant. Trus tme, it has to be better than the crap that my generation started on (Columbus anyone? Zenta?). I think it would be brilliant fun to try one of these! And for all the wrong reasons!!

Do they do it in fretless?