Why become a member? ×

eBay help

fiatcoupe432

'IF' the OP was so happy (as you allude) to cancel the deal, why did he start this thread?

[size=4]Did you or did you not renege on a deal because you didn't get what you wanted? [/size]

Not trying to make any enemies (little care if I do as I am simply commenting on a situation and giving my views... which is what you do on forums), you are however correct that there isn't anything further that you can add to explain this... facts are evident; as to putting it right, fulfil your moral obligation to sell the bass at the agreed (ebay) value.

So, to recap.

Someone has backed out of an eBay deal.

Looking at the transcript, the buyer has clearly intimated that he is reconciled to that.

You have all made it perfectly clear to the seller that you are unhappy about that and the seller has received that message loud and clear.

My question at this point is, can anyone add anything helpful or different to this thread?

There is no moral obligation and I haven't broken any ebay rules, I sent a 'cancel sale' request via ebay (why would they give you this option if it was against their rules??) And it was accepted, I spoke to fiatcoupe (as per texts shown on my previous post) and he was fine with it. So I repeat, what is the problem??? I acted in line with ebay rules, I have been totally honest, the buyer accepted, we talked and were friendly, so please tell me what the deal is here?? Honestly, how have I broken rules? Everything has been done in line with rules and regulations. And more to the point the conversations I have shown on here between me and fiat have been friendly and amicable. So once more, what have I done wrong?

The only person here who seems to actually understand these points is Ambient, and he left his posts before I even knew this thread existed!!!

So please, tell me how I have broken rules or acted morally wrong when I have actes by the book written by ebay.

If the seller agrees to a cancellation then that's the end of that surely? No broke rules or morality.

[quote name='binky_bass' timestamp='1406069512' post='2508149']
There is no moral obligation and I haven't broken any ebay rules, I sent a 'cancel sale' request via ebay (why would they give you this option if it was against their rules??) And it was accepted, I spoke to fiatcoupe (as per texts shown on my previous post) and he was fine with it. So I repeat, what is the problem??? I acted in line with ebay rules, I have been totally honest, the buyer accepted, we talked and were friendly, so please tell me what the deal is here?? Honestly, how have I broken rules? Everything has been done in line with rules and regulations. And more to the point the conversations I have shown on here between me and fiat have been friendly and amicable. So once more, what have I done wrong?

The only person here who seems to actually understand these points is Ambient, and he left his posts before I even knew this thread existed!!!

So please, tell me how I have broken rules or acted morally wrong when I have actes by the book written by ebay.

If the seller agrees to a cancellation then that's the end of that surely? No broke rules or morality.
[/quote]

Wow, you really believe that don't you! If that is the case, I'll leave it there. :([size=4] [/size]

Ambient you are massively right.

and warwickhunt, I get the impression you want to just wind me up. Saying 'wow, you actually believe that...' it is fact my friend, absolutely provable fact. If you chose no matter what to think otheriwse I can't change your mind, but your obsession on proving me to be the devil is a little odd.

Everything in my above message is provable, so yes, wow... I obviously believe it.

I trust your enjoying this crusade of yours? Maybe you should tell us what terrible things you have done in your life and we'll all pass judgement on that. Bet you've done something at some pont that trumps sending an auction cancellation request to someone, and them accepting it.

"There is no moral obligation and I haven't broken any ebay rules, I sent a 'cancel sale' request via ebay (why would they give you this option if it was against their rules??)"

There's a legal obligation - you are breaking a contract. The cancel sale request is supposed to be for items that are lost or broken.

I've sold a lot of stuff on Ebay, 99% of those sales have been very good financially. However there are always exceptions - for example I recently sold a bass that I'd spent a lot of time & effort to restore cosmetically & make properly functional & playable. I'd also spent a fair bit on parts. I listed this bass at £99p, no reserve, and ended up getting a whole £65 for it. Within a week the buyer had relisted it (along with a description that was a pack of lies) for £200.

The point being, sometimes you have to take it on the chin.

I wouldn't have considered for a second reneging on the deal, just because I didn't get some price that only existed in my head.

Unfortunately in this instance, I'm pretty sure the only reason that the OP is apparently being so reasonable about this is simply because the seller is a BC member. I suppose on balance, that's a good thing.
Jon.

I did not ask for favourable treatment, I did not know he had any affiliation to basschat until he mentioned it in those texts. And as far as I can tell eBay do not stipulated that the use of the cancellation tool is exclusively for lost or broken items. I believe my stated reason from their drop down list was 'item is no longer available for sale'.

The buyer could of not accept the request, but he did, so why is that not the end of this?

If he had issues then they should have been discussed with me and/or ebay. Which they were, and I have shown on here. I did not pressure him to accept the cancellation.

If he fought the case and I still refused I would accept this level of negativity towards me, but as it was amicably resolved and he was happy to end it I just don't see the huge issue.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1406069687' post='2508152']
Wow, you really believe that don't you! If that is the case, I'll leave it there. :(
[/quote]

Indeed.
One hopes that there have been some valuable lessons learned here, but there comes a point where walking away is the best option, and this is one of them.