Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Japanese Squier Silver Series Jazz Bass Body
£135

[b][color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Fully loaded body with a fair few battle scars - see photos. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Nice beefy sounding pick ups. The Silver Series range are well regarded among the bass playing fraternity. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Can be delivered/collected in the Aberdeenshire area otherwise £135 posted to UK Mainland[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Cheers,[/size][/font][/color][/b]

[b][color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]GH[/size][/font][/color][/b]

Edited by Groove Harder

[quote name='Rowley Birkin QC' timestamp='1405152285' post='2499149']
Ah! Why doesn't it run through the body, never seen seen one "externally" wired before, and I'm sure it it wouldn't be originally made that way?
[/quote]

It was quite common for Fender to run the ground wires externally, probably all original.

Ah! Why doesn't it run through the body, never seen seen one "externally" wired before, and I'm sure it it wouldn't be originally made that way?
[/quote]

It's not a wire, it's a strip of brass that runs from the bridge to a brass grounding plate beneath the pickup. It's how original Fender Jazz basses were made. It wouldn't have been seen under the bridge cover, which were intended to stay on.

Edited by Jono Bolton

[/quote]

Already been answered but this is a '62 re-issue judging by the stamp in the neck pocket, that's just the way they were made back in the day.

Anyhoo... BUMPAROONY!

Hi Jeff,

The trade offer was more for AttitudeCastle with being local but I'm willing to listen to any trades elsewhere. PM me with anything that you might have spare, I'd maybe throw a few quid in on top if you had anything that might interest me.

Cheers

GH