Why become a member? ×

Ashdown at Festivals

Kevin Dean

i use them because IMO they sound fantastic live and in the studio, no matter which bass i put through them - i always get the sound i want. They're an amazing group of people, too.
the amps are greatly reliable and the support set up at Ashdown is second to none.

i also use in ears, sounds like my Ashdown rig coming through them.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1404132537' post='2489526']
What do I want from Ashdown? Perhaps more expensive cabinets with higher power handling. A nice 600W rated 2x12 with high end speakers/crossover/tweeter with a decent weight would sell well in the UK. They may already make one, which makes this idea redundant.
[/quote]

That would suit me too. No problems with the weight of the amps, but most of the Ashdown cabs are way too heavy for me (and I suspect many of us). A good 2x12 as a standalone, available in both 4 and 8 ohms. Yeah!!!!

Im going to go against the grain a bit here and say that ive never actually liked Ashdown amps - too heavy, never sounded that good to me and overrated. I recall a few of thier earlier models being fraught with reliability issues too, however I dont have experience with the newer models tbh.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1403641632' post='2484925']

In ears systems will be spec'd like everything else so it really goes to whether the band is permanent or not.
if you leave the tour, chances are you wont keep the plugs and that is assuming the band can afford to kit the band
out anyway.
[/quote]

The iem systems of any tour will be specced with the PA/desk. Very few, if any bands bother buying them. Take a look at the price tag of a psm1000 and an antenna combiner (plus external aerials) and on top of that the license costs for each venue (assuming they aren't running on 38). Bands aren't interested in all that.

Unlikely you'll give the plugs back since every pro player using in ear monitors will have has them custom made to their ears. Virtually no, if any, resale value. Yes, some you could get reshelled.... but really? Is it worth it? Would you want somebody's ex in ear monitors?

[quote name='jimijimmi' timestamp='1404137950' post='2489612']
i use them because IMO they sound fantastic live and in the studio, no matter which bass i put through them - i always get the sound i want. They're an amazing group of people, too.
the amps are greatly reliable and the support set up at Ashdown is second to none.

i also use in ears, sounds like my Ashdown rig coming through them.
[/quote]

Tell me what in ear system you are using. That's quite an interesting claim you are making.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1404159466' post='2489932']
The iem systems of any tour will be specced with the PA/desk. Very few, if any bands bother buying them. Take a look at the price tag of a psm1000 and an antenna combiner (plus external aerials) and on top of that the license costs for each venue (assuming they aren't running on 38). Bands aren't interested in all that.

Unlikely you'll give the plugs back since every pro player using in ear monitors will have has them custom made to their ears. Virtually no, if any, resale value. Yes, some you could get reshelled.... but really? Is it worth it? Would you want somebody's ex in ear monitors?
[/quote]

Well, he doesn't have them anymore as they asked for them back. Major tour, big act and he said they were weren't going to give away
£3-4ks worth of IEM's. The rest of the band were/are regular but the drum stool was more fluid.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1404159651' post='2489935'] Tell me what in ear system you are using. That's quite an interesting claim you are making. [/quote]

Nothing fancy just the [url="https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=hE_bBjzBk9nxUM&tbnid=i65jE_1WTBJY-M:&ved=0CAMQjhw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.audiolinks.com%2Ftek9%2Ftek9.asp%3Fpg%3Dproducts%26specific%3Djnloipong&ei=WSq1U42UNe3n7AawpYG4CQ&bvm=bv.70138588,d.ZWU&psig=AFQjCNEqJ5LwlnfE86smS6ZYQhxw_xpxIg&ust=1404468178422216"]Sennheiser EW300IEMG2 [/url]. along with ACS T2 in ear moulds. no claims being made..
maybe if you're using an in ear system but not the correct or purpose built moulds in your ears, the ear pieces aren't giving you the true sound of whats being thrown down the channel.
no point spending £££'s on an amp and then £££'s on an iem system if you're going to listen through £4 ear phones, or even the ones they sometimes include in IEM packages- the speaker in your ear may be the missing link.

we all have different ears obviously! what i hear and what works for me may not work for you guys.