Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

12 hours ago, upside downer said:

Primitive, sleazy and thoroughly magnificent.

Last week I had a Cramps blow out and listened to nothing but them for a whole day. I miss The Cramps live...

• Like 2

More Cult Of Luna today, their Raging River album. What an absolutely blinding bit of heavy music. If you've not heard Cult Of Luna I recommend checking them out. Keep an open mind, this is a very long way from traditional metal and I find it very musically interesting as well as a little hypnotic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

More Cult Of Luna today, their Raging River album. What an absolutely blinding bit of heavy music. If you've not heard Cult Of Luna I recommend checking them out. Keep an open mind, this is a very long way from traditional metal and I find it very musically interesting as well as a little hypnotic.

they're touring the UK in October.
I'll be going to see them.

On 01/06/2023 at 07:46, bartelby said:

Last week I had a Cramps blow out and listened to nothing but them for a whole day. I miss The Cramps live...

Being a buffoon, I never got around to seeing The Cramps. I've got tickets for this lot in August.

cra.png.335113f2def5d8d10b436609b4a6ee9f.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, upside downer said:

Being a buffoon, I never got around to seeing The Cramps. I've got tickets for this lot in August.

cra.png.335113f2def5d8d10b436609b4a6ee9f.png

I got to see them a few times. They were one of my first gigs when I was 14 or 15. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bartelby said:

they're touring the UK in October.
I'll be going to see them.

I bought my ticket for the Bristol show within half an hour of them going on sale! It's at an independent venue not the Academy so tickets were only £25, bar prices are reasonable, the sound is excellent and the band won't get fleeced on merch sales. A good or bad PA could make or break a Cult of Luna show, they can create such an immense wall of sound. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I bought my ticket for the Bristol show within half an hour of them going on sale! It's at an independent venue not the Academy so tickets were only £25, bar prices are reasonable, the sound is excellent and the band won't get fleeced on merch sales. A good or bad PA could make or break a Cult of Luna show, they can create such an immense wall of sound. 

That's where I'm hoping to go. I'll speak to my mate at Carcass on Wednesday to see if he's up for it.

• Like 1