Why become a member? ×

Bass Apps for iPad mini?

Oggy

"Gobsmacked". My daughter bought me an iPad Mini for Fathers Day, I must have done something right at some time in the past - my three Sons sent me belated text messages.

Anyway, do any of you guys out there have any suggestions for Bass guitar related apps that I can buy?

I'd be interested in any apps that will help my playing and are fun to use. Does any one out there know if there are any apps available that come with hardware that will allow the bass to plug in to the iPad?

Oggy

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1403363095' post='2482143']
I use a Line6 Sonic Port,

Works with the included Pod software and with Amplitude. Great practice tool.
[/quote]

Looks like a Sonic Port is on the cards. Is there other iPad 'Bass Training' software apps available that interface to the Sonic Pod besides the Line 6 stuff? I'm thinking apps that will teach and test you using the input from your playing against an iPad app.

Oggy

Thanks again guys, appreciate the suggestions.

Just ordered the [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Line6 Sonic Port and a nice set of headphones with a good bass response spec.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Looking forward to to doing a bit of 'iBass' playing :).[/color][/font]

I've not purchased any bass related iPad apps yet, any suggestions for what I should buy that will work with the Sonic Port :huh:.

Oggy

JamUp with Audiobus and Garageband is probably the best thing I use. Great for getting ideas down. I use JamUp instead of my board into a practice amp and it's got some great amp and pedal emulations. You can by a bass expansion package for £5.99 that gives you several different amp emulators.
Recording into Garageband is great through audiobus.
I only have the original irig adaptor which is a bit noisy with my passive j-bass (even though my pickups and controls are shielded and silent through my normal rig) so I'm wondering if the irig HD or the Sonic Port is any better in that respect - maybe someone can shed some light on this?

iReal Pro and ForScore for me. Both great apps. I love the composition element in iReal Pro (writing your own lead sheets) it's great for keeping the practice routine fresh and ForScore is great for all reading (practice and gigging!).

[quote name='Oggy' timestamp='1403216857' post='2480968']
"Gobsmacked". My daughter bought me an iPad Mini for Fathers Day, I must have done something right at some time in the past - my three Sons sent me belated text messages.

Anyway, do any of you guys out there have any suggestions for Bass guitar related apps that I can buy?

I'd be interested in any apps that will help my playing and are fun to use. Does any one out there know if there are any apps available that come with hardware that will allow the bass to plug in to the iPad?

Oggy
[/quote]

[url="http://irealpro.com/"]http://irealpro.com/[/url] Oggy, this app is a fabulous play-along and practice program. Read all about it here; you won't need another. I run mine right from my Mac into a little Vox practice amp (which plugs into the bass).

W.

Edited by Wylie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I've got the Line6 Sonic Port and the free iPad Pod software installed, we bit disappointed - it's all about those 6 string players with loads of pedals :(, anyway, onwards and upwards.

Has anyone bought the iPad app 'Bass Guitar Tutor Pro' £1,99 from the iTunes store? If anyone has it please let me know what you think and if it interfaces with the Sonic Port.

What I'd real like is some iPad based Bass Music Reading software that will interface directly with my Bass through the Sonic Port - anyone know of anything?

Oggy

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1404899179' post='2496739']
For that you need the Compressorhead app:

[media]http://youtu.be/f2clF9zyLJE[/media]

;)
[/quote]

Brilliant - bit disappointed that I couldn't hear the vocals though :) .

Oggy

[quote name='Oggy' timestamp='1404899831' post='2496745']
bit disappointed that I couldn't hear the vocals though :) .
[/quote]

Oh, that's nothing. In Ace of Spades, the stupid bass robot forgot to turn up the volume! I keep telling: mindfulness! mindfullness!
;)