Why become a member? ×

Sold my Fender Feel A Bit Sad

Thunderbird

Ok so I have bought and sold loads of basses before and it has never bothered me but I have just sold my Fender P it is not the best or most expensive bass I have owned and I don't regret selling her as I needed the money but I am a tad sad she has gone Think we have all been a bit sad to see a bass go though haven't we?

I was sad to part with my Stingray, I really wanted to get on with it and selling it was admitting defeat.....even more sadly I have brought another one and ......you guessed it I don't get on with that either......damn you Musicman must you tease me so :(

I've parted with various basses, a stingray and a few US fenders that I haven't missed remotely. There was a Japanese Fender 62 replica Jazz that
I still miss though, eyeing up a few possible replacements through Ishibashi, I've just never stopped missing that particular bass. At this point I
don't even know if it was really as good as I remember it being or just nostalgia.

I write the songs in our band. I sold a jazz bass that I didn't get on with in terms of neck profile, but writing songs on seemed effortless in comparison to using my current basses. I miss the bass quite a bit but I don't miss playing it. Odd but true.

Title of thread sounds like the first line of an obscure blues toon ;)
Agree with Spoom, I've moved basses on for valid reasons each time (even if they were good basses they weren't what I needed or a were surplus at the time) so have no regrets. I still own all the basses I felt were right for me and would be of use long term gigging.

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1402507962' post='2474272']
I was sad to part with my Stingray, I really wanted to get on with it and selling it was admitting defeat.....even more sadly I have brought another one and ......you guessed it I don't get on with that either......damn you Musicman must you tease me so :(
[/quote]

So much this.

The best p-bass I ,ve played is the one I built myself from bits with a Wizard thumper in it.
It might not have the name on it but if you get it right it will sound amazing.
I put a maple musicman style neck on mine,NOS schaller tuners,high mass bridge as you do and it run out at half the price of a squier
So don,t be sad,enjoy your own custom build,put a jazz neck on if you like a skinny neck,maple,rosewood,blocks,no markers,fretless or whatever floats your boat.
Piccies when it,s built.

[quote name='bassmachine2112' timestamp='1403019617' post='2478918']
The best p-bass I ,ve played is the one I built myself from bits with a Wizard thumper in it.
It might not have the name on it but if you get it right it will sound amazing.
I put a maple musicman style neck on mine,NOS schaller tuners,high mass bridge as you do and it run out at half the price of a squier
So don,t be sad,enjoy your own custom build,put a jazz neck on if you like a skinny neck,maple,rosewood,blocks,no markers,fretless or whatever floats your boat.
Piccies when it,s built.
[/quote] Will do I shall do start and finish piccys :) the hardest thing I am finding at the moment is finding a good decal for the headstock I am looking for something a little different to the normal Fender decal as I do not like putting Fender decals on bitsa basses only as if you ever sell them on some dodgy people may sell them as real Fenders but I have no problem with people putting the F logo on if it is just for themselves and dont try to sell it on as something it is not, I quite fancy a winged skull decal lol

Edited by Thunderbird