Why become a member? ×

**Temp Withdrawn** Fender Custom Shop Relic 1959 Precision - NEW but 2nd Hand Price! - **Choose the colour!!**
£1950

Chiliwailer

Temporarily withdrawn - please see my last post.

New price on these is around £2400!!!

This is a bizarre listing to be writing, I'm offering a [u][b]brand new[/b][/u] 1959 Fender Custom Shop Relic Precision at a second hand price, and the buyer gets to chose the colour before I order. Sounds like a riddle eh? But read on.... :)

A few weeks ago I had a Lake Pacid Blue version of this bass up for sale here but I pulled the listing when I realised that the truss rod had issues. The bass went back to Fender and they gave me two options, the first being to wait 3 months or so for an exact replacement or the choice of a brand new replacement in another colour. As I'm sadly not in a position to keep the bass I'm offering it to you folks to chose the colour you'd like to buy.

The way this will work best is that you pay me a deposit of £150, I will then order the bass through the wonderful guys at the Bass Gear shop and it'll be yours, brand new! If the colour is suddenly out of stock you'll be fully refunded or have the opportunity to chose another colour.

Below is a list of colours that are currently available for immediate delivery (around 10 days). Of course, the list can change at any time if any European dealer orders one. All of these are Relic versions of a 1959 Precision.

[b]Edit: [/b]I'll give this listing until around Tuesday before I choose a colour and put it up for sale eventually with pictures. I'll need to order one soon so please be quick!

[color=#000000][font=monospace][size=3]Nocaster Blonde[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=monospace][size=3]2 Tone Sunburst[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=monospace][size=3]White Blonde[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=monospace][size=3]Shell Pink[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=monospace][size=3]Aged Vintage white[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=monospace][size=3]Black[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=monospace][size=3]Fiesta Red[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=monospace][size=3]Opaque 3 Tone Sunburst[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=monospace][size=3]Purple metallic[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Chiliwailer

This has got to be one of the best deals I have seen on here, I wish I had the money as I have been GAS'ing for a CS Precision for the past year. Good luck, I am sure this offer will be snapped up.

[quote name='NJE' timestamp='1401569577' post='2464928']
This has got to be one of the best deals I have seen on here, I wish I had the money as I have been GAS'ing for a CS Precision for the past year. Good luck, I am sure this offer will be snapped up.
[/quote]
[quote name='Marsy' timestamp='1401570126' post='2464931']
What a deal! = )
[/quote]

Cheers Gents, I reckon it's a cracking deal too. I just hope someone can take advantage of it before I have to order a specific colour this week :unsure:[size=4] [/size][size=4] :)[/size]

What an opportunity!! I've bought two Precisions recently, so in the words of Duncan Banatyne, 'im out'. This is the one bass I want above all others though! My wife would kill me for thinking about it.

[quote name='phil421' timestamp='1401705371' post='2465940']
hard to decide w/o more infos about the pickguard color and weight.
I am curious about the shell pink.
[/quote]

Pickguard colour would be anodised for one of these.

The last 6 Custom Shop P Basses I've played have all been around the 8.5lbs mark.

I googled some images of the colours, Shell Pink and anodised guard looked really striking

[url="http://www.rainbowguitars.com/bass/fender/custom-shop-1959-precision-bass-shell-pink/9231002793/fe"]http://www.rainbowguitars.com/bass/fender/custom-shop-1959-precision-bass-shell-pink/9231002793/fe[/url]

Cheers :)

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1401646040' post='2465521']
If I had the cash I'd be all over this in Purple Metallic.
[/quote]
[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1401698657' post='2465846']
+1 to that, but in any colour, this should be gone already.
[/quote]

Absolutely, purple metallic would have been my personal choice - it'd look great with the anodised guard and would kinda match my purple Modulus too!

[quote name='sirmuppet' timestamp='1401709966' post='2465998']
So is it limited to only those colours or could you order additional colours with a 3 month wait?
[/quote]

I was quoted 3 months for a replacement neck for the original blue bass. I'd imagine it could take that long or longer for other colours if they were ordered.

But as that wasn't given to me as an option by Fender I doubt I'll be able to go down that road so I'd prefer to stick to the terms above.

Thank you.

[quote name='sirmuppet' timestamp='1401710826' post='2466004']
No worries. Just always fancied a sparkle bass or something in Neon pink. So thought it might have been a chance. Good luck with the sale as it's a bargain at that price.
[/quote]

Very cool! I'd guess that the custom shop would have you waiting quite some time for that, be worth it though!

Cheers.

[quote name='sirmuppet' timestamp='1401710826' post='2466004']
No worries. Just always fancied a sparkle bass or something in Neon pink. So thought it might have been a chance. Good luck with the sale as it's a bargain at that price.
[/quote]

Actually, thinking about it... at this bargain price you could arder any colour and get it resprayed any colour you like!

[quote name='Mr Fretbuzz' timestamp='1401712501' post='2466027']
Great deal but I've missed the boat. Ordered a 59P heavy relic two weeks ago and it's costing me £2900. The truss rod issue is concerning :-( what happened there Chiliwailer?
[/quote]

I'm sure yours will be lovely!

I wouldn't be too concerned about the issue I had, I spent 16 years working in guitar shops and these issues are very rare and not a reflection on the quality of Custom Shop guitars. I've seen it happen to various high quality makes, just a misbehaving truss rod that was so minutely affected it was easy to go unnoticed!

I've just found out that some of these colour options are not all 'regular' type '59 Reissues, for example some have a 55 style pickup.

This is due to Fender not being clear about the options in the first instance....

For the meantime, I'm waiting to find out what options are actually viable. (thanks to Molan for his hard work at Bass Gear :) )

Keep you posted!