Why become a member? ×

Francis Dunnery last night, cracking gig.

Long story short, my mate's 60th birthday treat last night from me and Debs was to see Francis Dunnery at the Wardrobe in Leeds.

He's quite in to It Bites and she likes his solo stuff. I have never heard any of it but what a cracking gig.

Brilliant songs played superbly with a wide variation and very entertaining banter in between with a great rapport with the audience

Payed about £75 for three tickets and was the best value for money gig wise I think I have ever spent

Not seen or heard of him ?? Go see him. A true talent and seems like a very nice bloke.

Well recommended.

I've been lucky enough to see Francis Dunnery playing with It Bites and one of his solo gigs too, he's a wonderful guitarist. I also saw him once when I was on holiday in Rhodes Town. He was wearing a black leather jacket (looked like the same as the one on the Once Around The World album cover)......on the beach front! :lol:

Edited by clarkpegasus4001

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1401383314' post='2463100']
Long story short, my mate's 60th birthday treat last night from me and Debs was to see Francis Dunnery at the Wardrobe in Leeds.

He's quite in to It Bites and she likes his solo stuff. I have never heard any of it but what a cracking gig.

Brilliant songs played superbly with a wide variation and very entertaining banter in between with a great rapport with the audience

Payed about £75 for three tickets and was the best value for money gig wise I think I have ever spent

Not seen or heard of him ?? Go see him. A true talent and seems like a very nice bloke.

Well recommended.
[/quote]
Not that I was there but it seems that my friend Liz ended up on stage with him!

Dunno if he got her singing or not (she is quite a well known singer on the local circuit)

[attachment=163883:liz -dunnery.jpg]

PS. Liz is the blond on the right...

Edited by peteb

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1401400806' post='2463386']
Yes he got them both up to sing some backing vocals and they did very well

Is it Liz from Motus ?
[/quote]
Double post!

Edited by peteb