Why become a member? ×

NCD - TKS Enginnering Content!

Sammers

This is slightly delayed as I received them about 3/4 weeks ago, i've just been so side tracked recently I haven't gotten round to sharing them!

Here are my 2 new S112's from TKS Engineering (based in Sweden);

First impressions are that they are very well built and at 10kg each they're a pleasure to lug around.
Have taken them rehearsal and i'm really impressed with them - really nice punchy mids, with a tight low end. I opted to have them tweeter-less so the high end isn't as pronounced but you can still get some nice 'twang' out of them with some eq'ing. Pretty loud for 2 x 12" speakers too!

Having never ordered a set of cabs before, Tommy (owner) was a real gent to deal with!
After a build time of 2 weeks, I received an email that they were complete but he also told me that he'd had an accident and that he'd be out of the workshop for a few days.
But instead of waiting till he'd healed up to send em - he packed them up and his workshop neighbours took them in and handed them over to UPS the following day.
He even thrown in a free speakon cable as they were a day or so late dispatching.

Pairing them with the TH500 I brought off of here, I think it looks the dogs! :D

Overall i'm dead happy! :P

They're absolutely stunning! The new designs are beautiful. The S112s are incredible even without taking the price into account.

Nice to have another TKS owner on here. I didn't get tweeters in mine, either - don't need 'em.

If anyone wants to know more about these, I urge you to head over to [url="http://www.tks.se"]www.tks.se[/url].

These cabs really are remarkable.

Even though they're ceramic they weigh nothing.

And because they're ceramic, they're very reasonably priced, and they have that ceramic tonal thing going on.*

[size=3]*IMO this is something hard to describe, but it exists. Feel free to disagree.[/size]

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1401367237' post='2462841']
So, the cabs in the picture, are they the standard option?
I can see there are lots of different vinyl/ grill cloth options available.
[/quote]

Not everything is standard, I added a few extra options.
The grey/black cloth is an extra (this includes the surround with the embedded logo which isn't standard) and I also chose the option to have them vertically stacked.

All the standard finishes are on the home page of the tks website :D

Cheers though guys, they are definitely lookers! :P

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1401369644' post='2462881']

Not everything is standard, I added a few extra options.
The grey/black cloth is an extra (this includes the surround with the embedded logo which isn't standard) and I also chose the option to have them vertically stacked.

All the standard finishes are on the home page of the tks website :D

Cheers though guys, they are definitely lookers! :P
[/quote]

Certainly looks a nice combination, good price too.
Cheers
thebassman

• 4 months later...

Sorry for spotting this a bit late, but glad you like them, nice pictures!

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1401367237' post='2462841']
So, the cabs in the picture, are they the standard option?
I can see there are lots of different vinyl/ grill cloth options available.

They do look very nice!!

What's the total shipped cost for these?
[/quote]

Glad you like the looks as well! These were around £700 in total, including shipping and the optional extras (grille cloth, vertical configuration). The cheaper standard option is a metal grille.

Edited by tks.se