Why become a member? ×

Is my hunch way off?

Evil Undead

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1401176781' post='2460725']

Me too.

[URL=http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/h4ppyjack/media/Just%20Stuff/Sundry/hunchback_zps3419e442.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/h4ppyjack/Just%20Stuff/Sundry/hunchback_zps3419e442.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

Morrissey doesn't look too good these days, since his autobiography

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1401145292' post='2460625']
While on the subject of dating Fenders any ideas on the date of this Jazz Bass?

[/quote]

The Fender bass, an illustrated history, says mid 60`s. I would assume 1965 as they introduced the paddle gear type tuner on the Jazz bass in 66.

EDIT

I`m talking rollocks! The man from Edinburgh is correct ish. The registered trade mark R was put above the Fender logo in the early 70`s and used on all bass models till 1977.

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1401219458' post='2461434']
The Fender bass, an illustrated history, says mid 60`s. I would assume 1965 as they introduced the paddle gear type tuner on the Jazz bass in 66.

EDIT

I`m talking rollocks! The man from Edinburgh is correct ish. The registered trade mark R was put above the Fender logo in the early 70`s and used on all bass models till 1977.
[/quote]
It's actually a 1974 Fender Jazz. The reason i posted the photo was because even owning a few 70s Fenders it's not always easy identifying them from photos and it seems to be getting more difficult.

Betafunk, I mean this in the nicest possible way - you probably would have got more responses by starting your own thread instead of derailing an existing one. Folks don't tend to stray off the original topic.

EDIT: oh I see... it was a test and you already know what year it's from.

Edited by Evil Undead