Why become a member? ×

Borrow an orange bass terror for bank hols weekend?

Cairobill

Hello all

My bass terror went pffft in rehearsal last night and as luck would have it I'm in the studio sat, sun and mon.

Trouble is I need the exact same amp as we're completing an album that has already been recorded on an OBT 500 to date.

I'm seeing if I can get a repair this morning. If I can't, would anyone be interested in lending me their OBT500 for the bank holiday weekend? It would be used in a clean studio at moderate volumes.

I could lend you a fender American reissue 75 jazz In exchange or give you some dosh?

Location wise I'm in kent and recording in North London. Of course would pick up.

Failing that, anyone know anywhere in the London area that rents bass terrors? Fx don't have them.

Cheers, Nick

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1400749631' post='2456551']
I'm also in Kent and have OBT500 I shant be using this weekend.
[/quote]

That's a whole 5 minutes, Wayne. What kept you..? :mellow:

Excellent camaraderie if this comes off, though. Brilliant inter-assistance; true brotherhood spirit. I approve. :mellow:

These amps tend to have a habit of going pfft. Mine has done so once, and got it repaired for nowt even though it was out of warranty, although I had to pay PMT £25 to cover the courier. I'd make sure I had a backup!

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1400756147' post='2456639']
These amps tend to have a habit of going pfft. Mine has done so once, and got it repaired for nowt even though it was out of warranty, although I had to pay PMT £25 to cover the courier. I'd make sure I had a backup!
[/quote]

The early ones did, mine went 3 years out of warranty yet Orange picked it up and fixed in 2 days totally FOC.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1401659998' post='2465691']
but nobody liked it?

Or maybe we couldn't agree on which colour looked the best? <_<
[/quote]

'Twasn't so much the 'Like' button, but its symmetrical 'Unlike' button which caused the hullabaloo. A 'p'-ing contest ensued and topics were sabotaged. Ugly business; scars were left.. A shame, but best off without.
Back on topic...
'Like'..! :happy:

[quote name='Cairobill' timestamp='1401662903' post='2465725']
Thanks Wayne!
[/quote]

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.com/][IMG]http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13049/applause.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by Dad3353