Why become a member? ×

NBD: Sandberg Hardcore aged TM5

fretmeister

In real life it's not as bright and the differences in the blue / green are not as obvious. I liked the photos, but I love it even more in real life.

My wife is laughing her arse off at the entire concept of relics. She thinks it's just been in a shed for years.

And she's offered me a cup of artificially aged coffee. And would I like a fresh lunch or aged.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1400588830' post='2455149']
In real life it's not as bright and the differences in the blue / green are not as obvious. I liked the photos, but I love it even more in real life.

My wife is laughing her arse off at the entire concept of relics. She thinks it's just been in a shed for years.

And she's offered me a cup of artificially aged coffee. And would I like a fresh lunch or aged.
[/quote]

Please post some actual pics!!!! Pretty please.....

I'm going to get some tissues ready.

[quote name='stingraybassman' timestamp='1400589383' post='2455159']
Please post some actual pics!!!! Pretty please...
[/quote]

Yes, it'll be something to do while you wait for your new strings.

[quote name='stingraybassman' timestamp='1400589383' post='2455159']
I'm going to get some tissues ready.
[/quote]

I've got two boxes of tissues, a roll of kitchen towel, a real towel, a flannel, some wet wipes and a spare pair of pants.

Bring on the pics!

:useless:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1400590912' post='2455190']
Yes, it'll be something to do while you wait for your new strings.

I've got a two boxes of tissues, a roll of kitchen towel, a real towel, a flannel, some wet wipes and a spare pair of pants.

Bring on the pics!

:useless:
[/quote]

I'll see you those, and raise you a screen protector.

[quote name='stingraybassman' timestamp='1400591246' post='2455196']
I'll see you those, and raise you a screen protector.
[/quote]

Glurk! And a left-handed mouse... where are these pics, then?? *Looks at watch*

Edited by discreet

I found some D'Addario NIckels hiding in the back of a drawer.

I've always found D'addarios to be especially good on the B string. And cor blimey it is sounding epic!!

This afternoon I'll have a chance to take the bass into the garden for some natural light photos, so you'll have to wait until then!

Edited by fretmeister

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1400661875' post='2455817']
This afternoon I'll have a chance to take the bass into the garden for some natural light photos, so you'll have to wait until then!
[/quote]

For God's sake hurry up! [size=4]I've had to make do with the Sandberg website... phwooar, eh?[/size]

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1400661875' post='2455817']
I found some D'Addario NIckels hiding in the back of a drawer.

I've always found D'addarios to be especially good on the B string. And cor blimey it is sounding epic!!

[/quote]

Where do you live, Im coming now if you don't take pictures!

This is a lovely looking relic job.
I've been lusting after one of these for a bit but I've a custom build ordered at ACG which needs paid for still.

Maybe a Christmas present later this year.

If you are a young specimen of a bass player do sandberg do player makeovers to match the bass?

[quote name='bassman344' timestamp='1400830583' post='2457276']
If you are a young specimen of a bass player do Sandberg do player makeovers to match the bass?
[/quote]

Sandberg do supply a bald wig and a strap-on beer gut, but I don't think you can accurately replicate the genuine effects of many years of heavy drinking and the psychological trauma of actual hair loss. It never looks convincing... you can't rush the real deal, it takes time...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1400836445' post='2457345']

Sandberg do supply a bald wig and a strap-on beer gut, but I don't think you can accurately replicate the genuine effects of many years of heavy drinking and the psychological trauma of actual hair loss. It never looks convincing... you can't rush the real deal, it takes time...
[/quote]

Workin on the look now for forty years.
Don't have a beer gut but the skinhead and psycho-trauma are all present and correct. Am I ready for the sandberg shop yet?