Why become a member? ×

Sold!

aryustailm

[b][i]EDIT - Now sold![/i][/b]

I've got a Yamaha BB1100S for sale, which I bought off another basschatter last year - I have a BB2000 now and could do with some cash, so this one has to go!
It's a made in Japan bass, serial number LPHK041 - switchable between passive and active. Active preamp has 3 band eq.
It's been upgraded with Seymour Duncan Bassline pickups and a Schaller bridge.

Collection from New Cross, London

Feel free to ask any questions - Thanks!

[i]edit - few more images added[/i]

Edited by aryustailm

The BB1100S is a bloody good bass. I had one about 20 years ago, and it was fabulous. I saw an old video on YouTube that a mate had put on of the band I was in at the time, and it still sounds great on that vid despite it being all those years ago.

Great bass for little money. Good luck with the sale.

What a great bass that is, bugger, I'd have had it off you a week ago. I've had a few 70s/80s BBs, and they've all been superb. This is the better Japanese one, and well worth that price, and then some.

I used to have one of these too. Loved it. Bought it used, sold it four years later for more than I paid for it to fund my first Warwick.

They don't come up used very often, at least considering that practically everyone's had one at some point! Maybe people aren't too keen to let them go now.

Thanks for all the replies!

The BB2000 is staying I'm afraid! Partly as I'm playing in less rock bands and more jazz these days, and partly because I think I prefer lower output pickups. I've mostly been running the BB1100S passive (occasionally switching to active mid song for a boost in mid-range/volume/general ballsy-ness) and it's been my main bass as it's got quite a lively/characterful sound which has been great for playing rock in general. It does a great dirty P-Bass type thing as well as articulate J sounds, plus combinations of the two. Add in the preamp and you can dial in a whole bunch of other sounds.

The BB2000, I suspect due to the stock pickups as opposed to the duncans, is not quite so hot and a little rounder sounding and fits better with what I'm playing at the moment. I actually prefer the neck on The BB1100S. Its not quite as nicely finished as the BB2000, but something about it just.....fits. I'd rather keep them both and have the best of all worlds, though my wallet says otherwise! I've played a few high end and 'better' basses, but always seem to end up back on a BB of some kind.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='240390' date='Jul 15 2008, 09:18 PM']They don't come up used very often, at least considering that practically everyone's had one at some point! Maybe people aren't too keen to let them go now.[/quote]

I've still got mine, which means this deserves a bump!

I currently do not have piece of earthenware to urinate in.

However, I'll reiterate they are great basses....so £200 is a great price for anyone.

A mate's put a video on YouTube of me playing mine in our band about 18-19 years ago ([url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=g1YUQwD9qKk"]click here if interested[/url]), and I thought it sounded great even considering it's recorded on a camcorder.

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='245816' date='Jul 23 2008, 12:55 AM']I currently do not have piece of earthenware to urinate in.

However, I'll reiterate they are great basses....so £200 is a great price for anyone.

A mate's put a video on YouTube of me playing mine in our band about 18-19 years ago ([url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=g1YUQwD9qKk"]click here if interested[/url]), and I thought it sounded great even considering it's recorded on a camcorder.[/quote]
It does sound good!! Very tight band as well... brings back too many memories of that [i]clothingly challenged [/i]80's/90's era for comfort though :)

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='245816' date='Jul 23 2008, 12:55 AM']I currently do not have piece of earthenware to urinate in.

A mate's put a video on YouTube of me playing mine in our band about 18-19 years ago ([url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=g1YUQwD9qKk"]click here if interested[/url]), and I thought it sounded great even considering it's recorded on a camcorder.[/quote]

Did your band/singer cover much Journey/Steve Perry stuff :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='245835' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:59 AM']It does sound good!! Very tight band as well... brings back too many memories of that [i]clothingly challenged [/i]80's/90's era for comfort though :)[/quote]

Ah yes, 80s/90s clothing. I found some old photos of some stagewear I had....absolutely shocking.....I may create a "worst outfit" thread one day....I'm sure I'd be top of the list.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='245839' date='Jul 23 2008, 08:13 AM']Did your band/singer cover much Journey/Steve Perry stuff :huh:[/quote]

He was a sucker for pomp rock. It's hard to remember all that we did but we did everything from Since You've Been Gone to Mary's Prayer. Even some Mr Mister and Manilow stuck in there too. Cabaret at its best :huh:

Anyway, back to matters in hand........someone snap up this bass for £200......it's a bargain. In my humble opinion, you won't find a better sounding bass for that money.