Why become a member? ×

Lefty Photo Gallery

sblueplanet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Nice! I need one for my jazz, where did you get it?

I always get them from Bass direct. Always need to order them in from the US so takes a few months to get them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In my search for a left handed P bass with a thinner neck i finally took the plunge & ordered a Bruce Thomas Profile Bass from the Bass Centre last week. I know i've only had it a couple of days, so it's still the honeymoon period, but i'm seriously impressed by it for the price. The pickups are so hot compared to my US Fender Pro 1 that i had the house shaking when i first plugged it in. The acid test will be of course when i gig it, unfortunately we've got no gigs until mid March due to holidays.

1000007616.jpg

• Like 5

Jealous!  Those pickups are perhaps my favourite P-bass ones ever.  I liked them so much that I bought a loose pair from Bass Centre and installed them in my Frankenbass.  I would have bought the whole bass like you did, but couldn't justify another instrument.

• Like 1

On 23/02/2024 at 11:59, Agent 00Soul said:

Jealous!  Those pickups are perhaps my favourite P-bass ones ever.  I liked them so much that I bought a loose pair from Bass Centre and installed them in my Frankenbass.  I would have bought the whole bass like you did, but couldn't justify another instrument.

Thanks @Agent 00Soul

The pickups sound great in the house, can't wait to try them out at a gig. I was looking at perhaps changing out the pickups in my Precision Pro 🤔 How easy was it to buy the pickups loose from the Bass Centre, as I haven't seen them listed?

Edited by Graham A

18 hours ago, rasher80 said:

How's the neck compared to your Precision?

Good luck with the new acquisition, these look and sound amazing for the price!

Thanks @rasher80

The width at the nut on both the Profile & my Fender Precision Pro 1 is 40mm, the Profile though has a shallower neck when compared to the Pro, so feels a bit more sleek. The fingerboard feels flatter on the Profile as well, but that could be something to do with the rolled fingerboard edges of the Pro. 

Edited by Graham A
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Graham A said:

The pickups sound great in the house, can't wait to try them out at a gig. I was looking at perhaps changing out the pickups in my Precision Pro 🤔 How easy was it to buy the pickups loose from the Bass Centre, as I haven't seen them listed?

I used the bass at an outdoor gig in Brooklyn, NY a few weeks after they were installed and they sounded great on stage.  At least I or the sound techs didn't have any problems.

The loose pickups weren't listed.  Someone on this board suggested I ring them up and ask.  As they weren't making lefty Profiles yet, the owner of Bass Centre was accommodating, although I had to be patient as the process was very slow.  Apparently, someone here read that I did this, tried it themselves and was essentially ghosted.  So no idea what's going on, but it can't hurt to call and ask, especially as you are a recent customer.  Bon chance!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Agent 00Soul said:

I used the bass at an outdoor gig in Brooklyn, NY a few weeks after they were installed and they sounded great on stage.  At least I or the sound techs didn't have any problems.

The loose pickups weren't listed.  Someone on this board suggested I ring them up and ask.  As they weren't making lefty Profiles yet, the owner of Bass Centre was accommodating, although I had to be patient as the process was very slow.  Apparently, someone here read that I did this, tried it themselves and was essentially ghosted.  So no idea what's going on, but it can't hurt to call and ask, especially as you are a recent customer.  Bon chance!

Cheers @Agent 00Soul

Yes, i'd read the same on here, so wondered how easy it was to get hold of them.

I suppose at the time they were willing to do it as they weren't producing a left handed Profile, could be a different now. 

On 25/02/2024 at 09:29, Graham A said:

Cheers @Agent 00Soul

Yes, i'd read the same on here, so wondered how easy it was to get hold of them.

I suppose at the time they were willing to do it as they weren't producing a left handed Profile, could be a different now. 

I would just call and ask.  What's the worst that can happen?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Might as well post this here too B|

Got this lovely Sandberg Lionel shorty used two weeks ago and I love it! It's surprisingly heavy, but still comfortable and it plays and sounds great! It was built in 2023, so it's still practically new. The previous owner thought it sounded a bit too modern to their taste, even with a Fender custom shop reissue pickup in it. It now has its stock pickup again. It's just a ton of fun to play, and sounds really ballsy! 

Excellent pics courtesy of the previous owner, who did a great job capturing it! 

Screenshot_20240223_063427_Marktplaats.thumb.jpg.089a38fb1bd858c2c83e1ff46dcc3d12.jpg

Screenshot_20240223_063256_Marktplaats.thumb.jpg.dd61ac710fbfcf329f4e7bdc3e378972.jpg

Screenshot_20240223_063447_Marktplaats.thumb.jpg.241887b8b81708a5d712599a901f461a.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Agent 00Soul said:

Those are great basses for hard rock and overdrive pedals.  Must be the pickups.

I've gone even more hard rock by putting Seymour Duncan Quarterpounders in it. 🤘

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rasher80 said:

@Graham A  How's the Bruce Thomas now you've had it a while?

Sadly we've had to cancel a couple of gigs so it hasn't seen any real world gig action yet, but held it's own at a recent rehearsal. I've seen that the price of them has gone up to £645, an increase of £50 on what I paid in February. 

Not sure how much action it will see in the future though as I've just got my hands on a second hand Mike Lull PJ4, so it may end up down the pecking order for future gigs 🤔

Edited by Graham A
  • Thanks 1