Why become a member? ×

Duff McKagan back in GnR

Cat Burrito

Personally I think since cleaning up his act I think Duff is pretty genuine and doubt this is about money for Duff at least.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/guns-nroses-duff-mckagan-return-confirmed/

I like Duff, liked his book and on some level he is probably a small factor as to why I've been a bassist since the late 80s.

What a shame. Someone needs to throw dirt on this sh*t.

I love Duff. If there was ever a gig I wish I could have been at or even played at, it is Guns & Roses live at the Ritz in 1988. That thing sends chills up my spine every time I watch it, which is often. And I am being a bit of a hypocrite here because I don't usually care if a band goes off in another direction or just goes to pot, because I will always have the stuff I loved, no one can take that away from me, but Axl has done nothing but piss all over the memory of Guns & Roses. He might own the name but the band left him way behind.

He's the last person mentioned in the video at this link. I should warn you, some of those videos might make you cry.

http://www.cracked.com/video_18831_4-musical-performances-that-will-ruin-your-childhood.html

Edited by KingBollock

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1396464988' post='2414059']
It's only 5 shows due to regular bassist having previous commitments, not quite the story it first looks.
[/quote]
It's why I tagged the thread with "for a few shows". I guess this is comparable to Izzy stepping back in during the early 90s when Gilby Clarke had his motorbike accident. Personally I'm not in the remotest bit under any illusions that this is anything more than what it is.

From reading his book, duff and axl are still friends, albeit not as close as they used to be. Who wouldn't help a mate out in a bind??
I think all of us GnR fans would love to see the full line up, but it's not likely to happen, especially since they have gone on to have successful careers individually out side of guns, but we can dream!

[quote name='Kempy535' timestamp='1396467426' post='2414101']
Now if only Slash could bury a[size=4] hatchet in Axel's head then I would be interested. Axel is a twat. Duff is one of my top 5 favourite bass players.[/size]
[/quote]

Fixed.

Axel makes fans wait for hours to see him before being bottled off stage. Why would Slash want to be part of that?

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1396491982' post='2414306']
Fixed.

Axel makes fans wait for hours to see him before being bottled off stage. Why would Slash want to be part of that?
[/quote]

Haha ;) I do have to agree. But someone else singing guns songs just isnt the same.

[quote name='Kempy535' timestamp='1396506087' post='2414333']
Haha ;) I do have to agree. But someone else singing guns songs just isnt the same.
[/quote]

Nah, Slash has Myles Kennedy (one of the nicest and best rock singers out there) now - why would he ever return to Axl?

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1396491982' post='2414306']
[/quote]
Agreed. Arsehl Rose needs to think about who put him where he is now, and treat the fans with a bit more respect. This swaggering on stage two hours late crap is simply not good enough.