Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£1500

Ian Davies

[b][b]Shuker Single Cut 5 String For Sale[/b][/b]

Up for sale is my hand made custom 5 string single cut Shuker bass

The bass is a dream to play and a real looker that is in pristine condition. It’s light weight and has perfect balance, standing or sitting. The only reason I’m selling is because my professional music career is taking a back seat to other aspects of life and it’s just not been played.

For Sale price is £1500

I’m happy to post if you pay the P&P or you can collect, the bass in the Surrey/South London area.

Definitely looking for a straight sale, so no trades thanks.

Here are the official pics (just to note that the bass has now got black control knobs on)….

[attachment=158398:stocbuc5ful.jpg]

[attachment=158399:stocbuc5bod.jpg]

[attachment=158400:stocbuc5head.jpg]

[attachment=158401:stocbuc5bac.jpg]

Here are the details…
33" scale
24 frets
5 piece laminated neck (maple / wenge)
Rio Rosewood f/board
brass nut
45mm nut and 18mm (current set up is more like 17.5) string spacing.
Black Walnut body
buckeye facing
adjustable ramp
pickups - handmade Armstrong soap bar pick ups
Mike Pope Flexcore preamp: 3 band eq, treble, mid+mid frq stack, bass, pan, vol, passive tone control
black metal knobs (not in photo)
weight: 4 kg (according to my bathroom scales)

The bass is currently tuned low B to high G but there is an extra nut which is set up for low E to high C.
The bass also comes with a Shuker hard case.

Thanks for looking, any questions please do ask.

Edited by Ian Davies

Looks beautiful and if it plays like mine then someone is getting a real instrument of absolute class.. Somebody please buy it before I raid the piggy bank.

I own 2 Shuker bass's,, both are my main instruments of choice for different reasons; 1 is a SC for jazz style finger pluck funky,, and the DC Elite is a slap happy chappie. Both have the most stable necks I have ever owned (and I owned a status a few years ago).

Bump for a great instrument, and despite the fact I don't really need to own a 3rd shuker I am seriously tempted..!!

Good luck with the sale, the buyer won't be dissappointed.

I've attached a link pic to my SC 34 scale.

[quote name='Miker400' timestamp='1395755600' post='2405825']
Looks beautiful and if it plays like mine then someone is getting a real instrument of absolute class.. Somebody please buy it before I raid the piggy bank.

I own 2 Shuker bass's,, both are my main instruments of choice for different reasons; 1 is a SC for jazz style finger pluck funky,, and the DC Elite is a slap happy chappie. Both have the most stable necks I have ever owned (and I owned a status a few years ago).

Bump for a great instrument, and despite the fact I don't really need to own a 3rd shuker I am seriously tempted..!!

Good luck with the sale, the buyer won't be dissappointed.

I've attached a link pic to my SC 34 scale.
[/quote]

Cheers mate, great looking basses :)

I agree about the super stable necks on Shukers. I rarely have to tune mine, it might as well be made of carbon composites.

Jon has a solid, engineering-based approach to bass building, as well as offering fine craftsmanship.