Why become a member? ×

Score!

Alien

Just picked up an Ibanez Musician for an absolute song! Needs a bit of work, but even as it is it's a nice player.

[attachment=10669:PICT0425.JPG]

Lovely looking grain pattern

[attachment=10671:PICT0427.JPG]

Hardware's a bit corroded

[attachment=10672:PICT0428.JPG]

Buckle rash? Looks more like a shotgun to me!

Even came with the original fitted hard case, all for the bargain price of £130.

4-string, neck through construction. 2 passive pickups, Vol, Tone Blend controls. Machines are Schaller semi-enclosed type, which look like replacements as there's a little hole near each one.
The Serial no. is H825862 - dunno if that'll help with dating. If any of you knowledgeable types can tell me anything more about it that'd be brilliant - I really have no idea.

Andy

Think the serial number makes it an 82 and if the machines are schaller then the originals (which were very fine tuners on the one I had) have been replaced.

The bridge on mine had a worn slot on the E sring that allowed the string to slip out - still held in place but not as firmly.

Not as popular or as expensive as the MC924 that was the top of the range Musician with 3 band actives.

And there was I feeling pleased with myself for picking up an RBX 800 for £120 til I saw that! If you need any help fettling give me a shout mate - although I'm sure you'll manage - just promise you wony spray it with textured paint heh heh!!

Excellent score - that's an MC824 (identical to the 924 only passive) and the serial no. makes it August '82.

[url="http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=75&now=1"]http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expans...id=75&now=1[/url]

Looks like it just needs hosing down & you'll be good to go! The bridge will probably clean up better than it looks - is that a lacquered coating peeling off the metal?

My best Ibby score was my Roadster RS924 for £80 - just too damn nice to profiteer on, though. :)

Jon.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='239277' date='Jul 14 2008, 04:37 PM']Didn't Sting record a lot of The Police's fretless stuff with a 924 (Ibanez. Not Porsche...)[/quote]
Yes - he used one early on in the Police, before he decided everything made after 1960 was crap.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='239451' date='Jul 14 2008, 07:43 PM']Yes - he used one early on in the Police, before he decided everything made after 1960 was crap.[/quote]

my thoughts exactly..... :)

Edited by Marcus