Why become a member? ×

YouTube bass players

JazzBassfreak

Hey guys I thought I'd start a conversation about a hilarious guy on YouTube called trever. His channel is called Treverpitts and he attempts to teach stuff he can't actually play, he has about 2500 subscribers and I am still baffled as to why. Anyone got any YouTube bass players they regularly watch that I should check out?

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1393230101' post='2377471']
which leads us nicely on to this chap.... (so many superb examples to choose from but this is my favourite) :)

[url="http://youtu.be/kFJSAfAMjLs"]http://youtu.be/kFJSAfAMjLs[/url]
[/quote]
Brilliant !!

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1393262663' post='2377944']
Brilliant !!
[/quote]

isnt it just

tousled hair [b]check[/b]
sultry pouting at the camera [b]check[/b]
growling tone [b]check[/b]
slick chops [b]check[/b]
snazzy attire [b]check[/b]

eat your heart out marlowe ya boring bugger :gas:

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1393268661' post='2378072']
What do you guys think of Trever pitts?
[/quote]

I think. like a lot of folks on YT, Trevor isn't necessarily the most socially well-adjusted individual, and so it's not such a good idea to mock him for the sake of it, however tempting that might be . I am the last person to try and be holier-than-thou about it, trust me, but much better to focus on the good things about the You Tube bass players that you enjoy and can learn something from. . I have got my own favourite You Tube bass playing eccentrics that I would love to share with you and everyone else on Basschat,, but it's probably not a good idea. When it comes to other bass players, unless they are an established professional, if you can't say something nice then it's usually best to say nothing.

Edited by Dingus

Trever - well I don't think I really good enough to be posting all over youtube, but I think I'm better than him!

ELO - great playing but he used a pick - would have been much more impressive using fingers, but I don't really get the whole playing bass with a pick thing anyway.