Why become a member? ×

London Bass Day 2014

maldy

They had a cracking deal last year on G & L L2500 5 string basses RRP about £750. Got mine for about £450 plus a bag to take it home :-) might bring the empty bag this year you know, just in case :-D

This year I'm catching the later train back on the Sunday to Port Talbot so I can go to both days, awesome :-)

There isn't much time though between master classes and performances to go shopping..had to miss Guy Pratt last year so I could grab my bargain :-(

Edited by Mr Fretbuzz

[quote name='Mr Fretbuzz' timestamp='1392905655' post='2374002'] They had a cracking deal last year on G & L L2500 5 string basses RRP about £750. Got mine for about £450 plus a bag to take it home :-) might bring the empty bag this year you know, just in case :-D This year I'm catching the later train back on the Sunday to Port Talbot so I can go to both days, awesome :-) There isn't much time though between master classes and performances to go shopping..had to miss Guy Pratt last year so I could grab my bargain :-( [/quote]

This is really temping me now!

Do you know what the opening and closing times are? I can't seem to seem them on the site....

[quote name='Mr Fretbuzz' timestamp='1392910180' post='2374082'] From memory it's 10-6pm both days. What part of Wales are you travelling from? Last year we had an email about the offer, nothing this year so far bass wise [/quote]

It complicated! I'd normally catch the train from Carmarthen (a pretty long train journey!), but on the Saturday I'm in Cardiff. However, I'm not sure the other half would approve of me disappearing on a planned day out! So I'm not sure I'm going to make it, but I really want to!

And also, just try to imagine 20 people playing slap bass simultaneously at high volume, every demo'd piece of equipment has to have the obligatory slapmonster plying his craft trying to outdo the other 19. Would never go again because of this, real shame, Apart from this, good show.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1392918257' post='2374219']
I think they have promised to allow demos only for 15 minutes every hour this year, and make sure everybody adheres. But I can't seem to find anything about it on the website.
[/quote]

This is a great idea!

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1392918257' post='2374219']
I think they have promised to allow demos only for 15 minutes every hour this year, and make sure everybody adheres. But I can't seem to find anything about it on the website.
[/quote]

There is a 15 minute per hour ruling this year. If anyone hears people playing outside of the fixed periods then I'd strongly urge you to complain to the organisers. The more people,grumble the more chance there is it'll be enforced :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1392935684' post='2374567']
There is a 15 minute per hour ruling this year. If anyone hears people playing outside of the fixed periods then I'd strongly urge you to complain to the organisers. The more people,grumble the more chance there is it'll be enforced :)
[/quote]

Unless your name is "Clutterbuck" and you are sponsored by a well known string company at which point none of the rules apply.

Me...I'm going to complain if I don't hear URB (Mike Flynn) playing really loud...

Sounds like Hell in an exhibition hall to me! I imagine it to be a bit like the world's biggest music store on the busiest Saturday ever known with everyone wanting to try basses at the same time. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be enjoyable for those attending!

I must add I am still in recovery from my music shop days.

Edited by Mokl