Why become a member? ×

Orange SP212 opinions

indiegrungesound

I know there's quite a few people on here who use or have used these cabs. Is it worth investing in couple of these & a Terror bass head? Current rig is still my 2 Warwick Neo Pro 112s powered by a Hartke LH500 or Ampeg PF 350. The idea is a combination of G.A.S., space saving(Storage AND transport wise.), more power & the ability to mildly annoy my band's guitarist; as he REALLY wants an Orange Duel Dark Terror guitar rig!

What do you think? Your thoughts would, as ever, be appreciated!

I`ve only used the SP210 and Orange Terror, and that being on a tryout of the Terror (which I bought) in a music shop so I couldn`t offer a user-experience in a band setting, but it was a nice pokey little set-up. The 212 would - or should - give some more depth to the sound. Burrito on here has the OTB and 210 I think, and have seen him use it a couple of times and it sounds great - seen him use it with his country-type band, and an indie/punk type band, and it handled each setting perfectly well.

Just chiming in as Lozz mentioned me but the SP210 / terror has been my only combination since 2010; I'd have gone for the 212 but funds didn't allow and I only have the one cab. It also holds up used for upright bass in a rock 'n' roll band so pretty versatile if you like that old school tone. I'd have thought indie, rock, reggae, country, blues - it is covered. Maybe not good if you want a more modern sound but I swear by mine.

I switched from Ampeg and wound up selling it on as I simply don't need a backup.

I use a OBT 500w with a sp210 and sp212 and they are great little cabs. So easy to store around the house and great for pub gigging because they have such a small footprint. Very reliable great sound! Say no more top cabs for their size! Hope you find one got mine on eBay!!!

Just to give an update, I went to purchase a SP212 with a Terror Bass head today.

However, having had another look, I decided against it, as the head was the TB1000 & the cab wasn't reduced as much as I first thought! :-(

So, for the benefit of any Basschatters in,Greater Manchester who CAN afford it, the cab is £399 & the head is about £470-£480 from Dawson's. Happy shopping! :-)

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1391016387' post='2352317']
I want an OBT and SP212 if anyone is selling :)
[/quote]

[quote name='indiegrungesound' timestamp='1391269085' post='2355204']
I went to purchase a SP212 with a Terror Bass head today.

However [...] the cab wasn't reduced as much as I first thought! :-(
[/quote]

Second hand SP212 in good order [url="http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/orange_sp212_bass_cabinet_2nd_hand-yashdown16425.asp"]here[/url] for £299.

[quote name='Ed_S' timestamp='1391280278' post='2355386']
Second hand SP212 in good order [url="http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/orange_sp212_bass_cabinet_2nd_hand-yashdown16425.asp"]here[/url] for £299.
[/quote]

Thanks! It's not there anymore :) It's on it's way to me!

I had the Terror Bass 500 and SP210.

It was good, but I sold the Terror head on a few months later as it wasn't versatile or clean enough for me. I kept the cab for a couple of years until I sold it recently. It was very small and very lightweight but still loud enough for gigs. Although, you have to trade off sound quality and bass response to have something that small.

If you NEED something small, then go for it. If you don't need something that small, get something else.

Edited by Bankai

[quote name='DiscoTetak' timestamp='1391679753' post='2359967']
I love it so much that I bought another one.

[b]A question for all of you: one is 18kg, and another feels 2-3 kg heavier. Both are made in England and sound the same. How is that possible?[/b]

[/quote]
sell me the heavier one! ;) I'm only thinking of your back :D