Why become a member? ×

Stuart Zender interviewed

Faithless

back in Jamiroquai days he might have had a bit of an ego- in a Bassist interview from back then he said that "Bernard Edwards wasn't the tightest player", which surprised me as I've never thought of 'Nard as a sloppy player.

ps. the bit about being in "a crap punk band with NME journalists" before Jamiroquai is a surprise-

in the Jamiroquai-era interviews he said he was touring playing with a circus, Archaos or something!

I guess you have to bend the truth sometimes..........

I love the guy, what a player, i also like Jay Kay. Just because they dont get along doesnt mean one of them has got to be a twat!.

I have to say the descision on the LP Bass is a surprise, but my Local shop have this bad boy in[attachment=10412:3149_large_2.jpg]

It is a full on Gibo and with the barts in it it sounds amazing. A bit pricey for me at £800 ish but if it was a slightly more resonable price I would have it in a second. Mind you they also have a used Goodfellow Spitfire which shits all over it but that is the best part of 2K

he's less than complimentary about this interview on his myspace blog-
[url="http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=62717976&blogID=413882144"]http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=413882144[/url]

[quote name='SJA' post='237150' date='Jul 11 2008, 10:50 AM']he's less than complimentary about this interview on his myspace blog-
[url="http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=62717976&blogID=413882144"]http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=413882144[/url][/quote]

I thought much the same but couldn't be bothered saying anything. The interviewers in BGM have a long way to go before they produce articles anywhere near the quality of BP's. I bought an issue of BGM about a year ago and noticed that the most common interview question was "do you prefer 4 or 5 strings"? Why not ask them their shoe size whilst they're at it...

Also all the technical info is even more inaccurate than that produced by BP.

Alex

ps. check out the header on his myspace -
"BASS GUITAR MAGAZINE IS RUBBISH!"

ouch!

have to say i haven't bought it in a long time. too many recurring topics and interview subjects.

Edited by SJA

I've always liked Zender's playing, and I know he has a lot of fans here, but he comes across like a spoilt brat in that blog. OK, the interview didn't include stuff he was hoping would be in their way, and he doesn't seem to have got on with the interviewer, but he has got several pages worth of publicity in a national magazine out of it.

His rant about the cover artist, right or wrong, does seem to have an air of jealousy to it too.

Yes - a rather silly response in my opinion. Did he not look at the magazine before agreeing to an interview?

I have personally not paid any attention to bass mags since I started on Bassworld back in about 1998!

i have seen michelle ndnedgsgsgsgceollo using one of those les paul basses befor,i dont think they look very funky though,Zender writes very good basslines i think there first album is the best music of the mind,and blow your mind were well fluffy.he also has the same birthday as me which i was quite pleased about.

[quote name='NJE' post='232677' date='Jul 4 2008, 01:30 PM']I love the guy, what a player, i also like Jay Kay. Just because they dont get along doesnt mean one of them has got to be a twat!.

I have to say the descision on the LP Bass is a surprise, but my Local shop have this bad boy in[attachment=10412:3149_large_2.jpg]

It is a full on Gibo and with the barts in it it sounds amazing. A bit pricey for me at £800 ish but if it was a slightly more resonable price I would have it in a second. Mind you they also have a used Goodfellow Spitfire which shits all over it but that is the best part of 2K[/quote]

Aroundabout Sound by any chance?

The spitfire used to belong to the Guy that runs the shop, Mark Howell. He also has a Jazz Bass from the first month of production and uses EBS amplifiers. He's got a fair bit of gear! And is probably the best bassist i've heard.

Anyhow, the gibson in there does look the dogs danglies.